Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2022, 04:39 AM   #1
Courser Farm

TPMS question...need help!

Hello gurus! We use TST 507 system and I've been setting the sensors etc for YEARS on our campers. We THOUGHT our 2019 F450 had built in sensors, but we learned the hard way that the SuperDuty 450 doesn't come with it for good reasons. So I've bought the cap sensors and am ready to put them on. But because the tire pressures are different for the truck I'm not sure how to set different parameters for the truck than the camper. Anyone familiar? I've called TST 3x and get voice mail with no call back. They used to answer night or day (because I called them a few times....) Thanks in advance. BTW, I have parameters set for the camper, just not sure if there is an easy way to set them diff for the truck.....
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:57 AM   #2
{tpc}

I can't recall what system my cap sensors are on the trailer, but I know you can adjust the the upper and lower limits. What I do know is on mine, the limits aren't adjustable for individual sensors, just all of them. So you may be forced into doing that for yours too.

I will caution that the cap sensors can sometimes get "stuck" on the stem, possibly for corrosion or dissimilar metals? Case in point, I went to adjust air on one side of the trailer, actually was just going to do one tire. That worked fine. I decided maybe I would put 1 lb more psi in the other tire, (because I can be OCD about some things), and I couldn't get the cap off.

Granted I was pretty worn out by the time i got to this step, so because it was my OCD, I just decided to leave it for now, rather than do something that could break it or the stem. When I switch these tires out, I will likely forgo the cap sensors and go right to ford sensors inside the tire. My truck is capable, I just need a few more pieces.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:09 AM   #3
markcee

Page 12-13 of the TST-507 manual shows setting individual pressure thresholds on an axle by axle basis. Perhaps you will need to 'uninstall' and redo the entire sensor installation and setup from truck to trailer to accomplish this.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:13 AM   #4
wrvond

I don't have any practical experience with these sensors, but page 2 of the instruction manual appears to indicate you can set the pressure parameters for each axle:

https://tsttruck.com/media/productsu...anual-RevA.pdf

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:13 AM   #5
ChuckS

This video from TST will explain how to set parameters for each axle

https://youtu.be/k7ENxA58EtM

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:16 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

You can set alarm parameters for each sensor. I carry a second spare tire for the camper on longer trips. It's a steel wheel with D rated tire and all the tires on the camper are alloy with E rated tires. I set up all positions on the trailer (including spare) for the 80 psi tires. The "extra spare" I set up as the truck spare (it's only a location marker) set for the 60 psi D rated tire.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:20 AM   #7
Courser Farm

Well thank you all so much! And of course almost as soon as I posted this, TST called me back and helped me see that I can set EACH AXLE to diff settings. Yay! You all are the best folks, and thanks again for all the time you took to help me. We are leaving for Yellowstone tomorrow and I felt the pressure. No pun intended.
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote