Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #1
RickV

Bedroom Barn Door Tiedown

We have a Barn Door in the bedroom and last year after many miles of traveling and the locking for travel mechanism working it finally pulled out of the wall. We got to a campground in Kentucky and the door was off the track and pretty much just sitting on the floor. I took the valence off and put it back in the track and replaced the screws that had pulled out of the travel on the wall. We get to the next campground near Knoxville and the mechanism has pulled out of the wall again and the door is on the floor. At this point I decided to not bother with it anymore and added it to the warranty repair list. We get home and take it in for warranty service and they fix some of the things and say say they had to order a whole new assembly for the door. I take back a few months later and they fix a few more things and say they are still waiting on parts for the door. I go online and find the parts to fix the mechanism https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and fix it myself. My problem is that the spot where the travel lock mechanism needs to go is in paneling with no stud behind it and the screw holes are so small that I can't really use anchors behind it. I could mount a a bigger piece of metal and use anchors in it and then use self tapping screws for the lockdown but, last month we went to a RV Show in Ocala and I noticed that on RVs with barn doors there was a bungee type of hold down for travel mounted into the valence and then hooked to the door to stop it from moving during travel. I have looked for something like that and can't really find anything wonder if anyone has that setup and can post a picture so I can figure out what I need. BTW we also have double barn doors that separate our bedroom from the bathroom there is no problem with these as the lockdowns are screwed into solid wood. Here is what the original mechanism looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220413_42304.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	39226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220413_42128.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	39227  

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:57 AM   #2
ChuckS

Since the original location of the door anchor is forward quite a bit from its full back position then with the door anchored its still got slop to want to move back and forth..

I use a pool noodle to hold our BR slide door in place as well as the 3 sliding doors for the shower...

You could use the small wing style plastic anchors and reattach that mount plate using those.. But since the plate is anchored to a flimsy piece of wall panel its still gonna want to flex due to the motion of the RV when towing...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom