Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
Army Paladin

Slide cables

My 29RLI has a cable issue on the living room slide. When I brought it in this morning we heard a load crunch like sound and was worried it had a stick in the roof. Got up there and saw that one of the cables has snapped a couple of strands.
Does anyone have a link to a video to diy the repairs? And where would be the best place to get a cable kit that has been use recently?
Thanks in advance.
Army Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Paladin View Post
My 29RLI has a cable issue on the living room slide. When I brought it in this morning we heard a load crunch like sound and was worried it had a stick in the roof. Got up there and saw that one of the cables has snapped a couple of strands.
Does anyone have a link to a video to diy the repairs? And where would be the best place to get a cable kit that has been use recently?
Thanks in advance.
Assuming you have the BAL Accuslide, here is one of many YouTube videos on the subject:

I had the same issue as you last week, and while I chickened out and had a mobile tech perform the replacement, I feel, after watching videos and the tech actually doing the replacement, that it is do-able as a DIY project.

The BAL cable repair kit is part # 22305. You will likely experience a backlog/shipping delay finding one available online. Best bet will be to locate one at a local RV center, or if having a mobile repair service perform the work, determine if they have access to the kit.

As an FYI...I drove 45 miles or so to get my 'kit'. When the mobile tech at our next camp stop arrived two days later to affect the repair, we discovered the kit I had purchased (400 miles or so ago) had been robbed of both the cable connecting ferrule and the wire loop. Luckily my guy also had kits in stock at his shop....two actually, as his apprentice inadvertently starting cutting away one of the good cables! So, if you purchase the kit yourself locally, ensure you have all the parts that are supposed to come with the kit!
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide