Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
bonnieb76

Smile Looking for a replacement screen door for 2004

Hello all! I am looking for a replacement screen door for a 2004 Keystone Challenger, door opening with hinges on the right side. I have looked everywhere I know to look, and can't come up with anything.

Thanks!!
bonnieb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieb76 View Post
Hello all! I am looking for a replacement screen door for a 2004 Keystone Challenger, door opening with hinges on the right side. I have looked everywhere I know to look, and can't come up with anything.

Thanks!!
Perhaps it would make sense to go to the UserCP at top/left of each page and create a signature with year, make and model of your camper and tow vehicle. Questions you have will be answered with more context. I have no idea what a door for a Challenger might look like but knowing you have an older model will make finding the right one a bit more of a challenge (pun intended). I have a 2002 Cougar and found that trekwood.com sells the most NOS parts for older campers. They don't list "Challenger" models so you might post a picture of the old door or at least the outside door. I suspect that Keystone used the same screen door on many different campers of the era. Good luck.

Saw this on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/22453225806...kAAOSwuaNg7LKt
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Older model RV's had square entry/screen doors. It was relatively easy to buy a replacement. All you had to know was width and height of the door.

Then, around 2000, earlier on some brands, manufacturers started using entry/screen doors with rounded upper corners. It seems like almost every year, they'd change the radius and doors from other years would not fit the curves from other manufacturers or other years.....

So, if you have a "square top entry door" it should be relatively easy to locate a replacement at any "RV salvage yard" or from a "internet salvage/surplus site". Salvage doesn't necessarily mean old or used. There are a lot of RV businesses that buy surplus components and then stock them for resale after they become "hard to find". They make their money by buying for pennies and selling for dollars. So, you'll probably run into "expensive screen doors" at nearly all the places that will have one in stock.

Is there any way to rebuild/repair your current screen door? That may be your best "low priced option".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screen, screen door