Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
Lulu23

Outdoor kitchen door broken

2012 Keystone bullet premier large outdoor kitchen door broke when I tried to close it.. Looks like the hinge broke. I think one of the openers is bad, which may have caused the problem. I say that because I got grease on my hand when grabbed it so it must not be sealed. I got the openers disconnected and was finally able to get the door closed. But now what? Anyone else have this problem? Ideas on how to fix are appreciated. Its hard to find reputable mobile rv repair people to come out and REPAIR things so I would prefer to do it myself.
Lulu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:57 AM   #2
Fishhook

Did you figure out how to fix this? I see there was no responses, but was hoping you found a way. I have one hinge bracket that will not stay in the door panel. Screws keep pulling out.

New to me camper, and the original owner tried to Epoxy a plate to the door, and add screws. The epoxy did not stick to the door, and popped back off.

Thanks

Fishhook
Fishhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:15 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhook View Post
Did you figure out how to fix this? I see there was no responses, but was hoping you found a way. I have one hinge bracket that will not stay in the door panel. Screws keep pulling out.

New to me camper, and the original owner tried to Epoxy a plate to the door, and add screws. The epoxy did not stick to the door, and popped back off.

Thanks

Fishhook

The original poster hasn't been back on the site this year. Suggest you go to the UserCP and use the signature tab to create a signature with year, make and model of your camper and tow vehicle; make sure you save this. Then start a new thread. You can expect more in -context answers.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #4
Lulu23

Outdoor kitchen door

We were able to use new shelf drilling screws for the hinge but the problem wss actually one of the units on the side that hold the door open. Even though they both seemed ok at first, the one on the side where the hinge stayed attached was much weaker. So every time I opened the door, the good one was doing all the work. And every time I closed it, the good one had the most resistance. So, replace one or both of the units on the sides that hold the door open to take the pressure off the weak side of the hinge. Not sure how clear this is, but hope it helps.
Lulu23 is offline   Reply With Quote