Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlatch View Post
So as I stated earlier, I’ve been having the same intermittent issue, ironically the same year and model as the OP.
Went to put slide in yesterday and nothing. No click, no hum, just dead. All other 12v working fine. No power at the generic slide control box. I found that there is no fuse in the panel for that. Power is run directly out to the circuit breaker on tongue by the battery, These are “waterproof” breakers with red covers. The main issue I have is they have so many wires in and out of these things that the covers can’t seal. My terminals were all rusty and corroded again. Once cleaned up, side works again.
It might be beneficial for you to add a waterproof electrical box to the tongue of your trailer and place all of the circuit breakers in that box, seal the cover and eliminate the problem with water intrusion on your circuit breakers. Boxes are available at Lowe's and Home Depot as well as any hardware store.

This is one of those times when "improving the OEM design" will pay dividends for years to come. Fifth wheels almost always have those "mini-breakers" in the front compartment, protected from weather. Travel trailers, for some reason, tend to just "hang 'em on the tongue bulkhead". I've seldom seen a problem with corrosion on fifth wheels, almost always a concern on travel trailers. Protect them and it'll go "miles toward reliability".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #22
Hoodlatch

Yes I bought a box and new breakers last fall when I winterized, but haven’t found the time to install. I believe it was your recommendation on here the last time I had trouble.

I also got a box for my shunt since I purchased a Victron Battery monitor and Victron MPPT and i might just get everything mounted up this weekend.
Hoodlatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #23
Jimmys

Hi there hoodlatch. Where was your control box located. I could not find mine. I am having same issue mine is 246 bhsl kodiak
Jimmys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #24
Jimmys

Quote:
So as I stated earlier, I’ve been having the same intermittent issue, ironically the same year and model as the OP.
Went to put slide in yesterday and nothing. No click, no hum, just dead. All other 12v working fine. No power at the generic slide control box. I found that there is no fuse in the panel for that. Power is run directly out to the circuit breaker on tongue by the battery, These are “waterproof” breakers with red covers. The main issue I have is they have so many wires in and out of these things that the covers can’t seal. My terminals were all rusty and corroded again. Once cleaned up, side works again.

Can you post a picture please
Old 03-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #25
Jimmys

Quote:
Did you get it working? I had the exact same problem with my 241BHS today. Acted like a blown fuse, but pulling fuse momentarily did nothing to help.

I unplugged power leads at the controller, when plugging 12v+ lead back on last it sparked. Then it showed a bogus fault which cleared using reset button. Slide worked fine after that.

There’s surely a better fix and or explanation, but try it.

Where was your control box located. I can’t seem to find mine on a 246 bhsl
Old 03-26-2021, 06:33 PM   #26
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmys View Post
Where was your control box located. I can’t seem to find mine on a 246 bhsl
Welcome to the forum! The post is almost 2 years old. The member hasn’t posted anything since last May it looks like.. he may respond or someone else may chime in..good luck

Tags
slide