Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
roberthensley491

2020 Keystone Impact 367 tie down rings

I recently bought a 2020 Keystone Fuzion Impact 367, I notice in the UTV garage the tie down rings mounted in the floor are so shallow and small and do not pop up like others I have owned. I cannot get my tie down straps to attach, anyone else had this problem? Any remedy to replacing the tie down plates.
roberthensley491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:07 AM   #2
K_N_L

I’ve used small anchor shackles that will loop thru the floor tie down. Then attach the closed section of the of the tie down hook through the pin so there is no chance of it coming loose. Lowe’s and Home Depot should have some that fit, but check the load ratings.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
LewisB

Recent Keystone toy haulers use the "5K Interlock" anchor system - the smaller center circle with the offset cross bar are welded directly to the frame and rated at 5K pounds pulling strength (each). There is a larger outer ring screwed to the floor which is really just a beauty ring that hides the fact that the installer probably did not drill a perfectly centered hole through the flooring. These factory welded to the frame anchors are very likely superior to any aftermarket anchors or rail system that simply fastens to the garage flooring.

As noted by K_N_L above, if you are having problems making connections with the 5K system, you may need to purchase some "D-rings" at your local hardware store to connect into the 5K anchors and extend upward. Just make sure to use hardware with adequate service strength.

You may also need to be a little more selective with the style and size of the hooks associated with your anchor straps; but the factory anchors will be much stronger that you could add yourself without going to the work of making your own frame-welded attachments.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your new rig!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:19 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Check out the comments in this "old thread" from almost 4 years ago: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=25018 This solution is one that many of us use for more than "just Keystone tiedowns"...

While the link to those straps indicate "currently unavailable", here's a link to an even stronger set of "loops": https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...GQDE7JG89&th=1 Be careful on that link, not all of the straps sold on that page are the HEAVY DUTY straps. There are some that are rated 3475 pounds and some rated 160 pounds, so read the description before ordering !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:22 AM   #5
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthensley491 View Post
I recently bought a 2020 Keystone Fuzion Impact 367, I notice in the UTV garage the tie down rings mounted in the floor are so shallow and small and do not pop up like others I have owned. I cannot get my tie down straps to attach, anyone else had this problem? Any remedy to replacing the tie down plates.
Be thankful you have the welded tie downs. Same setup in my new Raptor. My 2011 Raptor had tie downs "secured" with short lag screws. Lag screws into the OSB could easily pull loose with any significant stress. As stated either get straps with hooks that fit and have the desired rated strength or a "D" ring or such adaptors with an appropriate rated strength.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone