Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
JFCANMT

Looking for Long Term RV Park Near Idaho Falls

Good morning group. I have just accepted a job in the Idaho Falls, ID area and will need a long term RV space for my 40 foot Fusion 5th wheel. I will most likely need it fall through spring until I get the family moved out there. Does anyone in this forum have recommendations. Greatly appreciated.
JFCANMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
Alpine

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/reg...ho/idaho-falls

Here is a website to check out. I grew up in that area and it gets downright frigid and snowy in the winter. You will need to have an "insulation" plan in place to keep you & your RV from freezing up!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The Fuzion line is built very much the same as the Alpine, Avalanche, Raptor and Montana lines (as far as insulation is concerned). There is one member who "did extensive modifications" to his Alpine in an attempt to get it to "winter well"... There are a number of threads regarding his experiences, but here is the "sticky" that he created about his "modifications"...

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=19807

You can also go to this link: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...archid=6623781 and search all of his posts. There is a vast, logical discussion over many threads on the why, where, how of his modifications. Many things, such as his reluctance to use rigid foam sheeting (supports fire and increases the possibility of an underfloor flame spread) and other topics that few consider when they start doing modifications to their RV.

He also attempted to "not use skirting" so that he could remain mobile with his trailer. Once the skirting freezes to the ground, the trailer is essentially "grounded until the thaw".

You may find some helpful hints, considerations and probably a number of things you've not yet considered about winter living in an RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
JFCANMT

Thank you so much. This move has come up very quickly, lots to consider.

2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
JFCANMT is offline   Reply With Quote