Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
Bigmike62

Bad LP regulator

I have a 2017 keystone 2400BH, so I last took it out 3 weeks ago and everything was fine with the regulator. I was prepping for a trip this weekend and I am not getting any LP supply in the trailer. I have a 2-stage regulator model 6020. Both tanks are full, i’ve Closed both tanks and let sit to reset the protection valve, The window does not show green or red and there is no flow into the trailer. No gas at stove or fridge. Is the regulator bad? I don’t want to spend the $ if there is something else goin on.
Bigmike62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:40 AM   #2
Roscommon48

unscrew your tanks and then reattch. turn one on SLOWLY and see if there is a change. sometimes people turn on the tanks too quick and that causes a problem.

at a loss on this end if that doesn't give you gas to your rv.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:31 AM   #3
Mroe67

Try a different propane tank, see if it's a tank issue first. When connecting it up the connector has to depress a working plunger/valve that allows propane to come from the tank, plus the hand shut off has to work as well, and lastly .......... there has to be propane in the the tank. Trust me, I've see it all when it comes to tank issues. So start there first. Maybe connect it to another source like your gas grill to be sure it supplies gas to it. Then move on to checking RV and regulator issues.
Mroe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
pikespeakviewer

We had our Winntec 6020 regulator replaced in June for the same reason (camping May long weekend was when we discovered the problem, and the system worked fine the week before).

Full tanks, super low flow. It ended up being that the regulator failed and was sending full strength propane to our appliances.

Extended warranty covered the diagnosis of the problem, new regulator, new tubing from pigtail to trailer and labour for 1.5 hours. We had each appliance tested to make sure that they were all functional and safe. Had their been a problem with an appliance, then our extended warranty would have covered the appliance diagnosis and repair/replacement. Luckily nothing else was damaged (although we paid $500 for the testing).

eta: we tried everything suggested. We also kept trying our appliances to see if something changed. If the furnace was on, we could run our outside grill, with minimal flame. Our fridge ran very loud and tripped the reset button after 1 minute. We were (told that we were) lucky that we didn't damage any seals in our appliances.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
Bigmike62

So I feel like a idiot now. I was trying to troubleshoot last night after dark. All signs pointed to a bad regulator. Went to the local Gander RV (formerly CW) and bought a new reg. Side note, they match the online price $68 in store, $61 club price and $50 online. Came home to install and when I went to remove the old reg, the main supply line to the trailer was smashed under the battery boxes. The boxes must have shifted or bounced on the way home during the last trip. I re-routed the main line, leak tested all the fittings and boom, the gas was flowing again. The kinked hose will have to do for now, but definitely on my repair short list. BTW I now have a spare reg for when the original does go out!
Bigmike62 is offline   Reply With Quote