Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
Turcopole

2016 3950br slide out problem

The extra room in my 2016 3950br Montana seems to be stuck. I had to move it today from one pad to another at the RV resort I'm staying at. I had a few things on the pull out sofa in the room when I closed her up before moving. Now that I'm on the new pad, I went to open the slide and it makes this grinding noise. I suspect something may have gotten under the slide. Maybe fell off the couch? I cannot open the slide room as the door will not open with the slide in. I'm not sure how to get it open or what to do. Any suggestions out there? I'm stuck!
Turcopole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:58 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, I'd ask, how often do you open/close the slide rooms when parked? If you seldom or never "exercise" the slides, you may have corrosion on the rams or in the electric motor. If your slides are hydraulic, possibly corrosion on the piston or issues with valves/pump.

On the other hand, if you regularly "exercise" the slides, there's less chance it's corrosion/motor issues and more likely that something may have slipped off the sofa and is making the noise you hear.

Maybe describing the noise, where you think it's coming from and more information on the type of slide, how you use them and any previous problems you may have had would help narrow the advice ??

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
Turcopole

Slow progress

Had a RV repair guy come out to the resort where I'm staying at today. He took a look at it, said he thinks it's something with the clutch/motor. The most notable thing was, "how in the hell are you supposed to get into that thing?"

The door hinges are inside of the room too. Spent last couple of hours calling back and forth with Keystone (whose best advice was, "gee, we're stumped, maybe take the hinges off and get in however you can, that's what we'd do") and my dealer. Looks like I'll be prying off the flimsy door strips to get to the hinges and see what the maint. guy says.

This is a terrible design flaw in the layout of the trailer.
Turcopole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out