Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
jdixon980

SWM Portable satellite

Been looking at these portable satellite dishes. Looking at the Direct tv version. I have the HR 44 receiver at home. Big question is really how hard is if to find satellite signal? Very much interested but really don’t want to spend 2-3 hours looking for signal. That would be very frustrating. Also system at home I have the genie boxes in other rooms. Would one of the genie boxes work in bedroom of camper?
jdixon980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
Howie

I have Directv and with my receivers I can either use swm or not. I elect to use smw as I only have to run one coax from the satellite to the splitter and power connection. I can't afford a roof auto locating setup and find this works just fine. I use the compass on my phone to find the position for aiming after entering the zipcode into the setup screen which gives me the settings. I can find the satellite fairly easily and have the wife watch the screen for the signal strength. Usually done in 15 minutes, sometimes a little longer if I have to move the dish due to trees or obstructions which is not something you can do with a roof mount. I don't use the genie system as I have recording capability on every receiver so we can choose what we want to record as the wife and I have different viewing tastes.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Signguy71

I have a set up for sale if you are in Ohio.
Signguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #4
nellie1289

There is another very recent post in fifth wheel section with all this answered. You can’t is easily your genie boxes you need the main unit. I have genie at home and some of the classic stand alone hr 21-25 units and I am on the signal in less than five mins. Full hd 90% or better. Amazon has a great unit from satellite oasis for 130$. Get it. It’s easy

Here is thread

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=32949
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite