Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
DLfuzion

Thomas Payne in my A%$

I can't believe the only thing holding the furniture is place is a couple screws that are screwed into the floor. One side of my furniture was out of postion and I looked under it and the screws are ripped out of floor. We haven't even used this thing yet. I think my 40 lb granddaughter sat in it a cpl times.
DLfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
rsv4pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLfuzion View Post
I can't believe the only thing holding the furniture is place is a couple screws that are screwed into the floor. One side of my furniture was out of postion and I looked under it and the screws are ripped out of floor. We haven't even used this thing yet. I think my 40 lb granddaughter sat in it a cpl times.

Awesome isn’t it. My screws weren’t even in straight.
rsv4pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
FlyingAroundRV

This video showed me a lot about how the RV industry works. I know it's Jayco, but it shows how the people on the assembly line have to hustle. I imagined working at the pace these folks are working at, all day every day. It's no wonder they make mistakes. Also, when you consider that today they might be making model X and tomorrow, they might be making model Y, it's easy to see where the mistakes could come from.
https://youtu.be/jXMJrRQ3SVk
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #4
notanlines

What Scott said is quit true. There are many more videos online to point this out, also.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:32 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLfuzion View Post
Crazy isn't it, but don't get discouraged. You'll find other hopefully little things that need addressed being an RV owner, some will be simple little things and others will be like, what the heck were they thinking items but I also believe the Fuzion and Raptor haulers are decently built and once you get those little items cleared up you'll have some great camping experiences.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
DLfuzion

Thanks, I went through the checklist I printed off here in last 2 days and everything seems to work as it should. No leaks in water system, furnace works, water pump is fine, fridge works ( just remembered I didn't check outside fridge), stove works, microwave, water tanks didn't fall through. Just need new decal put on, the furniture remounted, the hydraulic leak on one leveling pad fixed and the t handle replaced that got ripped off from wiring getting caught under slideout.
DLfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
This video showed me a lot about how the RV industry works. I know it's Jayco, but it shows how the people on the assembly line have to hustle. I imagined working at the pace these folks are working at, all day every day. It's no wonder they make mistakes. Also, when you consider that today they might be making model X and tomorrow, they might be making model Y, it's easy to see where the mistakes could come from.
https://youtu.be/jXMJrRQ3SVk
And just realize that that was a sales video, not an undercover video that someone was recording. If someone wants a quality built camper than go buy an Airstream. A 20' unit runs close to $100K. Don't want to spend that kind of money? then you get's what you paid for. You can't buy a Chevy and expect the quality of a Mercedes.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #8
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
And just realize that that was a sales video, not an undercover video that someone was recording. If someone wants a quality built camper than go buy an Airstream. A 20' unit runs close to $100K. Don't want to spend that kind of money? then you get's what you paid for. You can't buy a Chevy and expect the quality of a Mercedes.
So you feel that the build quality of the typical RV is equivalent to a typical passenger car/truck? I don't. We've never bought anything as pricey as a Mercedes/BMW/Porsche/etc. but we have owned a couple of Hyundai's, a Toyota, and two Ford trucks over the years, and I would be thrilled if the build quality of our $60K toy hauler was as good as any of those relatively modest cars/trucks. JMHO.

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
mikz86ta

Yup, mine were half or completely out. I ended up moving the couch sections more forward away from the wall. The stock position when reclined, the headrest was rubbing the wall quite hard. I got mine even and used better fasteners.
I already had to replace 1 D-ring pull handle. Pretty cheap item I found on eBay and easy to install.

I do like how modular these couches are. Mine is 4 sections hooked I to 1 long couch. But I could make it 3 and buy end tables, or they make center arm rest to go between each section if I make it 3 or 2 price. And honestly, they are very comfortable. Hope they hold up! I slept on them as a recliner and across the whole thing before. Not bad
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote