Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
limit4

Outside speaker

On our 2013 26sab When the outside speaker is on the sound from it is so loud that you can not hear the T.V. The sound seems to coming from the outside speaker itself Is this something i will have to live with? Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
randy69

What kind of sound ?

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
limit4

Outside speaker

I didn't make it very clear. The music or sports that we have tuned on the radio, when we turn on the outside speaker and turn off the inside speaker the sound from the outside speaker is too loud inside.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
laidback

I'm confused. When inside watching tv, you turn off the inside speakers and the outside speakers are to loud. Why not just turn off the radio if your going to watch tv.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
BlindGuyNAR

So someone outside wants radio and you want tv inside. Sounds like something that happens to DW and I a lot.

I don't have the issue you do, but it seems like the back of the outside speakers aren't enclosed. Basically the rear part of the speakers might be venting sound inside due to them not being closed in.

You might try to validate by removing a speaker or if you have access to look at the rear of the speaker through a panel or cabinet.

If this is the case a product similar to THIS might help some. It would be best to enclose the speaker in MDF, but doubt you have access for that.

Remove speaker, put in foam, cut foam to fit, and remount. Be sure to seal for leaks.

2013 Mountaineer 346 LBQ

If no one from the future comes to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
bg71361

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit4 View Post
On our 2013 26sab When the outside speaker is on the sound from it is so loud that you can not hear the T.V. The sound seems to coming from the outside speaker itself Is this something i will have to live with? Thanks for any thoughts.
I noticed this too, we had the radio on with just the outside speakers on, when we took our son in to go to bed it was rather load inside too! I have had the right speaker out (looking at the speaker side of trl) there is room in there to put some insulation, it may help some but I would think not to much.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
limit4

Thanks a lot. You did understand right. Cardinal Baseball on radio and Bluebloods on T.V. Oh well no big deal.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
airforceret

Start by filling any open space around speakers with sound absorbing material. Secondary to that if there are cabinets directly inside behind the speakers, you may try isolating the sound there as well. If a back cabinet wall separates the cabinets from the speakers, it may help to install some of the sound deadening material to the back wall of the cabinet.

This place has tons of stuff for sound deadening!

http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/?s...FQpgMgodYV8ANg

Good luck...
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Tony crabb

I have an iRV Technologies audio system with 123 buttons for speakers and I can't get anything on the outside speakers. The unit is a 2018 Outback
Tony crabb is offline   Reply With Quote