Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
talk2cpu

Black tank replacement issue

After I made a mistake and had to have the black tank replaced, I find that when I accidentally put in too much flush water, the underbelly began to leak. Only thing I can figure out is the toilet connection at he top of the black tank is not sealed. Is this normal? I would think that all connections to the black tank should be sealed so it vents properly and for sanitary reasons. Fortunately the tank was clean and the water was clear and not likely to present a future problem.

Are these tanks sealed from the factory? Did my $1000 not get a proper replacement?

Any help?
Tom
Old 03-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2cpu View Post
After I made a mistake and had to have the black tank replaced, I find that when I accidentally put in too much flush water, the underbelly began to leak. Only thing I can figure out is the toilet connection at he top of the black tank is not sealed. Is this normal? I would think that all connections to the black tank should be sealed so it vents properly and for sanitary reasons. Fortunately the tank was clean and the water was clear and not likely to present a future problem.

Are these tanks sealed from the factory? Did my $1000 not get a proper replacement?

Any help?
Tom
Not sure what mistake you made to need to replace the first Black Tank ? I assume your questions pertain to the current tank that was replaced. When I had issues with a Tank leaking into the belly, I had asked from where ?Answers were could be tank vent, which I was told are not glued in, could have popped out, crack in tank, seam along top of tank holding lid has broken loose, connection on input to tank leaking.

Sounds like you know it starts when the tank is either full or over filled. Same as my tank only leaked when full ended up being a crack in the tank just above the input piping. Tank was replaced. Dealer said it was tested, ie filled till water backed up in galley sink held and no leaks. That was in November so I was not about to play with water when I brought it home I guess we will see if it ever gets warm up here

Has it been awhile since it was replaced and was it tested and fine after replacement and just started now? Not leaking till filled? Only thing I can say if not covered by any warranty lower part of the belly cover and see if you can see where it is leaking. If work is under warranty obviously take it back.

I am sure when chuckster57 chimes in he will have a better answer, getting late here on the east coast. Hopefully answers to these questions will aid others that chime in.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank