Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
aksilvy1

Water damage

It appears I have water leakage from the refrigerator vent cover on the roof. I noticed water on my counter a while back and assumed it was from the hood vent above stove so I made sure it was closed.

Upon further inspection looks like it leaked all down the wall starting at roof and ending at the floor. Very moldy and wet looking under oven and behind refrigerator.

Also looking at the outside of the trailer at the right angle I can see the vertical frame beams sticking out a little bit. Are the walls made of plywood on the inside?

Anyway trailer is only 2 years old but I live in kodiak Alaska where it rains almost everyday so a very small leak can be a huge problem. I guess my question is where do I go from here? I repaired the leak so no water is coming in anymore. I cleaned up the mold and am trying to dry out everything under oven and behind fridge. Thanks
aksilvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Interior walls are paneling. The space that your refer occupies should be sealed from the interior. The refer "box" is sealed to insure no combustion gases reach the interior. Depending on where the refer is mounted, the walls facing the box may be the back side of the paneling and as such won't have the pattern of the interior wall surface. And depending on the framing, you may see the vertical wall studs.

It might be a good idea to pull the refer for a closer inspection. If your thinking of doing that, I can tell you what you need to do to pull it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
aksilvy1

Yeah I need to take the refer out and inspect. But from where I looked by taking out panel under the oven and on the other side of fridge behind some cabinets the water went behind fridge after draining down from roof and got everything wet.

I did not notice the exterior frame protruding from the wall before I started investigating the leak but Im pretty sure it was not like that.

I am about to move from Alaska to North Carolina so I can't really do much to fix it until I get to north carolina and hopefully get it dried out.
aksilvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
Tbos

In the mean time I'd get a good dehumidifier going in there and hit any areas that look to be moldy with bleach. Good luck.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote