Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
blakers213

My first question. water pump /heater

I'm at work writing this because wife is home and she called and said she went in our 2011 Outback 210rs which we just got 2 weeks ago and something was making a squealing noise. Then she said when she would hit the water pump switch it would stop. And she sent ics of how the switch was oriented. Now the camper only has the battery hooked up so that is the only power it could have supplied the noise. My switched for water pump, water heater electric or propane are all together but they are not labeled on or off. Maybe they light up when on I don't know. So with this being said, the waterpump switch was to the left to make the squealing go away but the water heater switches were to the right, so has my waterheater been on also and how could the water pump be on for 2 weeks without burning up.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Tbos

I'd be surprised if your battery ran your water pump for that long. Put some water in the tank and give it a try. The water heater runs off 110 or propane. If you weren't plugged in to shore power and your propane was off you should be good on that one. Get a label maker and label those switched. You will be able to hear the propane when it's on and heating the water heater.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
blakers213

Yesterday I had the wife unhook the battery when all the squealing was going on. Off work today so I hooked battery back up and no squealing. The contol panel reads battery almost dead even though new from the dealer. But when I turn on anything in the trailer there was a beep. I assume it is saying not enough battery. So I then hooked up to shore power and everything works, even water pump. Maybe there is some alarm squealing to say battery is low. I will sleep better knowing all is well with my new tt.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Some of your alarms operate using a 9V or other slip in batteries - AA for example. One or more of your alarms is probably hard-wired into the 12V system. Check all of your alarms to see if the batteries need replacing. Any one of them could be "beeping" indicating insufficient voltage - including your main 12V battery - to make them work.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
blakers213

Never thought about alarms being hard wired. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #6
1l243

You might consider getting a battery disconnect switch and turn off the battery (s) when in storage. All those little lights you see on in your trailer will run the battery down over time... You could have a low battery alarm that was going off.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:29 AM   #7
dcg9381

Don't consider. Buy one. Things are hard wired. Even the RVs that come from Keystone with a "disconnect" don't really disconnect the load. Discharge that battery a few times and it's going to be worthless...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

Most gas alarms are wired to the 12v dc system of your trailer and they will squeal when the battery goes low. Without a complete disconnect your battery will be dead very quickly unless you supply some form of maintenance charge. Search the forum for "Parasitic drains" and you will find this discussed extensively. As mentioned ...... fully discharging your battery several times will have you replacing it. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote