Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Firestorm

Ripped material

Hey any one ever ripped the plastic sheeting on the bottom of the bedroom slide, Mine did today when i brought in DE-winterized and put in bedroom cable replacement I stapled most back ,but lots of cracks and a small piece is showing bare wood Looks like it might be kind of a bummer to replace . I believe I should work on sealing it though
Every thing else is ready to go
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #2
fireballxl5

Darco fabric replacement material, tape, underside/wheelwell repair.

Hi! I recently bought my 2007 Laredo 5'vr driver's side front wheel fabric and insulation ripped/gone. Bought used and after reading posts here, methinks a tire blowout occurred in the past. (Also found a non-standard tire on the hub).

I just replaced the fabric with new Darco fabric (scrim shield) and "Darco tape". Source I used was "mobilehomerepair" in Aberdeen, SD.

Link: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order2.html#catalog

Shipping was USPS Priority...fast...and the material, though not as thick as the existing fabric, should hold quite nicely, especially since I made it double thick and taped it up. Easy repair with the "Darco tape."

The tape is STICKY! If you put it on wrong, it isn't easily coming off. I found overlapping to work well. Anyway, the site has a LOT of help info and is also a great source for other RV parts. For instance: have a heat gun nearby to apply heat after putting on the tape. Helps the adhesive to bond even better (not that I think it needs the help.)

BTW: when you estimate how much you need, you may want to email them the size of area and ask them just how much you need. I overestimated and now I have about 8 feet more than I need...but I'm ready for the next repair. Safe journeys!
fireballxl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
fireballxl5

Forgot to mention: mobilehomerepair in Aberdeen also has a few other sites that specialize in RV parts...a lot of them...as well as mobile home parts. The site I gave is more focused on MH repairs, not parts. Here is the one that is more "general" in nature:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/

Great resource. It wasn't the easiest thing to find Darco fabric and tape AND information on making the repair. I would encourage you to think it over and make the repairs. Having been raised in Iowa and vacationed in Minn., I know you can get some diverse weather. With some planning, you'll be able to do it.

You might also do some looking on the site. I noted a number of others with slide bottom fabric rollover/issues.
fireballxl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballxl5 View Post
Forgot to mention: mobilehomerepair in Aberdeen also has a few other sites that specialize in RV parts...a lot of them...as well as mobile home parts. The site I gave is more focused on MH repairs, not parts. Here is the one that is more "general" in nature:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/

Great resource. It wasn't the easiest thing to find Darco fabric and tape AND information on making the repair. I would encourage you to think it over and make the repairs. Having been raised in Iowa and vacationed in Minn., I know you can get some diverse weather. With some planning, you'll be able to do it.

You might also do some looking on the site. I noted a number of others with slide bottom fabric rollover/issues.
Thanks for the tips, Looks like that would work. dont really want to remove slide out the put new material on. just need to seal bottom wood with something that would take the three rollers in and out with out binding
Thanks again
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote