Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
May

Question Screen Door gaps

My trailer is old-2007... the front screen door doesn't sit flush all the way around with the actual trailer (small gaps). Right now besides mosquitoes, the ants are crazy !
Does anyone have any modifications/cheap alterations they can recommend for me to put something around so it seals more tightly with no gaps ?
Thanks !
May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
66joej

How about that stick-on weatherstripping.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

If you could provide a picture of what your screen looks like it would help trying to figure out what is wrong. At 12 years old the screen frame could be bent, out of square etc. or it could be something in the framing of the trailer wall. There are all kinds of "sealer" tape/foam that might help but if you can assess the root cause and fix that, it is the better solution.

As far as ants, when I have an issue with them I spray Ortho Home Defense. I carry a gallon jug with the little hose and battery operated handle. I spray the tires inside and out along with the tongue jack to keep them from migrating up and into the trailer. I then spray the ground around the trailer front and back to stop them from irritating me. Depending on how bad they are and the weather you might have to repeat the procedure every 4 weeks or so.

As far as mosquitos repairing the screen frame should eliminate them from the inside unless there are other openings or you go in and out the door a lot. There is another thread about "mosquitos" that you might review that discusses alternatives to repelling them outside.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
May

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
How about that stick-on weatherstripping.

I didn't think of this-thanks ! I'll check out Home Depot this week.
May is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screen door