Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2023, 12:16 PM   #1
ADQ K9

Oxygenics Body Spa RV

DW got tired of the stock showerhead that came with the camper and picked up the Body Spa RV from Oxygenics.
Not going to install it till the next trip and I have a water source to check for leaks. How does it perform compared to the stock shower head?
What can I do to cover up the screw holes for the original showerhead mount?
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:40 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

We've been using the Oxygenics "body spa RV" showerhead from when they first were marketed as simply, "Oxygenics improved shower head"... (that was about 15 or 20 years ago). We are so pleased with the performance that any new RV we buy, we get a replacement Oxygenics showerhead before we leave the first RV Parts store.... DW wouldn't get in the shower with a OEM showerhead, so.......

As for installing the mount, you might find that the Oxygenics will slip into the existing mount and you don't even need to use the new mount....

On ours, I've never had any success with the "double stick tape" on the back of the Oxygenics mount. It always works loose after a couple of weeks of use. So I use one of the screw holes from the OEM mount to install the Oxygenics mount. If you plan it right, the new mount will cover the old, unused hole...

I think you'll like the Oxygenics showerhead much better than the OEM "tricklehead"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 02:49 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

As John mentioned it might just slip right into the existing holder. The replacement I put in our trailer did.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #4
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
As for installing the mount, you might find that the Oxygenics will slip into the existing mount and you don't even need to use the new mount....
Yep, I kept the factory mount when I replaced our factory shower head.
Actually kept the same hose too, just replaced the factory head with the new Oxygenics head.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:36 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Not wanting to mount the holder that came with our Oxygenics shower head found it was a little smaller diameter than the original. Wrapped a couple of wraps of tape around the head and it now is snug in the holder. It does well and is better than the original.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:34 AM   #6
notanlines

We bought the ETL Oxygenics awhile back and like Rolla, kept the same hose. Very nice shower head.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:12 AM   #7
ADQ K9

The original mount for my showerhead is mounted high at the top edge of the surround for some odd reason. So high the head hits the ceiling when sliding in or out of the mount. The Oxygenics looks taller but I haven't pulled it out of the box yet to measure.
Todays job is to remove back seat covers in the truck and wash in addition to detailing the interior
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote