Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2023, 05:20 AM   #1
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Camco Cord Solution

I had the same problem as many have trying to fit the Camco Cord with molded grip into the surge protector box.
Well I moded mine, as well as the extension cord. With a few simple tools, it can be done.
Simply hacksaw off the minimal amount of the handle that would allow the lid to close. File or sand the edges until smooth. Locate nylon strap material, or equivalent. Measure the amount
needed and add a couple inches to fold over where it’s going to secured. Use heat to seer the edges to prevent it coming apart. Drill a small hole on the top and bottom of the plug and match drill the strap. Simply install screws with washers into the handle until snug. It won’t tighten completely because it’s only plastic.
Boom, problem solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	44199   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	44200  
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 02:29 AM   #2
Weldon

I like common sense solutions. Good job! I keep a roll of 1" nylon strap on hand for various projects and fixes. Really comes in handy.

I have a similar Camco male end (30A) but my handle.. the one you cut off...flips sideways so it fits into my PT30X when plugged in. Just now quickly looked online and cant find the one i have.

When my PT30X died due to water getting in, they replaced my EMS plus a new 30 amp (50') power cord and male plug end. When I go to storage next time, I will take a pic and try to find a link to mine.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:17 AM   #3
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
I like common sense solutions. Good job! I keep a roll of 1" nylon strap on hand for various projects and fixes. Really comes in handy.

I have a similar Camco male end (30A) but my handle.. the one you cut off...flips sideways so it fits into my PT30X when plugged in. Just now quickly looked online and cant find the one i have.

When my PT30X died due to water getting in, they replaced my EMS plus a new 30 amp (50') power cord and male plug end. When I go to storage next time, I will take a pic and try to find a link to mine.
Thanks for your reply.
I originally was going to make a modified lid, but it became clear immediately that that was too much work, especially after cutting into a food storage container during the R&D stage.
I've read reviews / complaints on Amazon about the handle and the surge protector, which wasn't that important until I needed one, which is why I shared.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote