Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
Summergirl

Bullet 22RBPR Soft floor issue

Well it has arrived at the Pendleton Plant in Oregon. Now the fun begins. Evaluation and parts to be ordered. Will keep you updated.
They say 8 weeks.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
DCARLTON

Keep is posted.
Georgia
DCARLTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #3
5J's

Well.........

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
Well.........
The OP posted that the trailer arrived at the repair facility on July 29. The repair time estimate is 8 weeks... That's "the end of September" at the earliest.... There's nothing at this point to report....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #5
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The OP posted that the trailer arrived at the repair facility on July 29. The repair time estimate is 8 weeks... That's "the end of September" at the earliest.... There's nothing at this point to report....
You are so right. I will contact them in a couple of weeks to see where they are at. I have scheduled in my calendar for the end of Aug. Hopefully there will be some news by then.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
Roose17

Sharing our experience just for information. Our unit has been at the Goshen plant for 8 weeks now. The actual floor replacement took 4 weeks but its been sitting there waiting to be inspected since the end of July. They estimate the unit wont get into the inspection bay for another 2 weeks. I get a feeling these plants are be backed up due to the COVID shutdowns in April, or perhaps all the units needing warranty work.
Roose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose17 View Post
Sharing our experience just for information. Our unit has been at the Goshen plant for 8 weeks now. The actual floor replacement took 4 weeks but its been sitting there waiting to be inspected since the end of July. They estimate the unit wont get into the inspection bay for another 2 weeks. I get a feeling these plants are be backed up due to the COVID shutdowns in April, or perhaps all the units needing warranty work.
Thank you for the update.
I have it scheduled to email/call the contact person next week as it will have been 4 weeks. I suspect that they are not up to speed due to both the Covid-19 and lots of units getting the floors replaced.

Wow that it takes that long to inspect it. But I a, guessing that they need to make sure that everything is in working order eg propane appliances, toilet, all water connections etc.
I will keep everyone updated as it progresses through the process.

Let us know what it was like when you do finally receive it back. I have heard good and not so good things.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
Roose17

Update

Keystone warranty team called me so I owe them some credit and update to my previous post.

Looks like the delay has been caused by the factory. When the unit got into final inspection the warranty team noticed the unit was missing parts. Apparently the factory that replaced the floor forgot to put back one our dinette benches and the table.

The inspection/warranty service team at Keystone have been extremely apologetic and seem perplexed on how a large part could go missing. So our saga continues with the unit in Indian wait for parts.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
danf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose17 View Post
Keystone warranty team called me so I owe them some credit and update to my previous post.

Looks like the delay has been caused by the factory. When the unit got into final inspection the warranty team noticed the unit was missing parts. Apparently the factory that replaced the floor forgot to put back one our dinette benches and the table.

The inspection/warranty service team at Keystone have been extremely apologetic and seem perplexed on how a large part could go missing. So our saga continues with the unit in Indian wait for parts.

Strange, but I'm really not shocked. Somehow mine has a different battery box. There is a piece of cabinet wood in it that doesn't even go to my camper.

I took my trailer to the dealer last September. From there it went to the factory in November. I had the dealer winterize it before it went to the factory. When the dealer got it back they found that the water heater was frozen. Which means either the dealer didn't winterize it (they swear they did) and neither did the factory when they tested it. Or the dealer did winterize it, and the factory didn't after they tested it. I don't know if you live in cold, but that is something to look for. The dealer ended having to order a new water heater and installing it. I didn't pay for anything. The factory didn't own up to any issue and I guess the dealer was left with the bill. ...just something to watch out for.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #10
Summergirl

Looking forward to getting it back.

The parts have been ordered and they are waiting for them.
She said that she would email me once they have arrived.
After talking to the dealer today on another issue they mentioned that they are having trouble getting parts from the factory/vendors.
We shall wait and see.

I have an ongoing list of things for the dealer to check when it comes back. As well as a list for me. By next spring it should be exactly as I want it to be. I hope.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #11
Roose17

Got our unit back from the factory in Indiana. I performed a full PDI at the dealer. Battery strap and faucet in the outdoor kitchen are missing, and there are several fit and finish items that we can deal with on our own. All major systems appear to be operating.

Considering what had to be done to the unit, we are satisfied so far. The floor looks good and seems solid. All she needs is a deep clean and a replacement faucet. Hope you have similar experience.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #12
Summergirl

Emailed Pendleton plant last week. Parts are on route. There are three units before mine for floor replacements. They said they will email when they dismantle prior to replacing.
Got to wonder why they needed to remove the outdoor kitchen facets for a floor replacement. Undo them yes but remove them hmmmmm.
We will go over ours with a fine tooth comb with the dealer. We are lucky to have a great dealer.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:46 PM   #13
Summergirl

UPDATE NOV 5, 2020

Got word today that production has request the new floor for the trailer.
It has been a long 14 weeks.
They say that it takes 2 weeks now......not holding my breath.
The Pendleton plant in Oregon is really slow getting units fixed.
My guess that they make more money making them than fixing them.
Hoping to see it in 4 weeks or so.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Hope all goes well. I know it's been a long haul.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #15
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
UPDATE NOV 5, 2020

Got word today that production has request the new floor for the trailer.
It has been a long 14 weeks.
They say that it takes 2 weeks now......not holding my breath.
The Pendleton plant in Oregon is really slow getting units fixed.
My guess that they make more money making them than fixing them.
Hoping to see it in 4 weeks or so.

You MIGHT have a camper in your Christmas stocking! Keep us apprised as I find this whole deal fascinating!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #16
KenJFerguson

Whew, you have been anchored for months now! What a story. Can't imagine what such service will be like next year when Winnebago is reporting a $1.8B new order backlog.

I'm not sure to feel sad or happy that the 2014 22RBPR we bought in July and just finished our first ever RV trip with over the past 2 months is no longer under warranty.

Sad on the one hand that we'll have to bear the cost and time of some kind of repair to shore up the soft spots in the floor (no way to financially justify a whole new floor on a now 7-year-old model). Assuming, that is, that elsewhere on the forum someone will instruct me on the spot repair process.

Happy on the other hand that we'll at least have control over the timing.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #17
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJFerguson View Post
Whew, you have been anchored for months now! What a story. Can't imagine what such service will be like next year when Winnebago is reporting a $1.8B new order backlog.

I'm not sure to feel sad or happy that the 2014 22RBPR we bought in July and just finished our first ever RV trip with over the past 2 months is no longer under warranty.

Sad on the one hand that we'll have to bear the cost and time of some kind of repair to shore up the soft spots in the floor (no way to financially justify a whole new floor on a now 7-year-old model). Assuming, that is, that elsewhere on the forum someone will instruct me on the spot repair process.

Happy on the other hand that we'll at least have control over the timing.
If it was out of warranty I would have just pull up the rotten part on top, lay down some proper wood and then put the new vinyl flooring on top and call it a day. I may have put a bit more bracing in as well.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #18
KenJFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
If it was out of warranty I would have just pull up the rotten part on top, lay down some proper wood and then put the new vinyl flooring on top and call it a day. I may have put a bit more bracing in as well.
I have seen that suggestion somewhere and I like the idea if my soft area is just the tip of the iceberg once I start removing vinyl. Need to research that a bit more to see how the carpeted slide-out is handled.

The push to light and ultra-light might just be marketing BS with the justification of saving gas or not needing as big a TV. Methinks it's really to lower production cost to hit the sweet spot of retail price but it comes at the expense of durability. With gas below $2 fuel efficiency isn't much of a justification.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:11 AM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

"With gas below $2 fuel efficiency isn't much of a justification.". Ain't nobody banking on that. Just think back a few years at how quickly fuel prices doubled and even tripled in some areas. That's a very volatile commodity that can change very rapidly.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #20
Summergirl

Whoo hoo. I am excited progress is happening. The floor has been replaced. They are hooking up the electric and plumbing now and putting in all the things that they take out for the retro fit. Then it goes to inspection and testing. Well that could be another two weeks or so.

Will keep everyone posted.

Tags
bullet, floor