Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
JJaxon

InCommand generator timer gone wacky

I have a 2020 Fuzion 369 with an Onan 5500 generator. The InCommand works wonderful, I start the genset on the 1st and 15 of every month for about 30 minutes under load. I bought this new in February of this year, and today I see the timer reads 334.7 hours. No way is that possible. It is likely a decimal point in the wrong place. It should read around 3.5 hours so maybe 3.34 hours is accurate.

Is there a way to reset the hour meter, or calibrate it? I don't see anything in the manual for Onan and the InCommand, and the control panel on the wall doesn't give any option for that for the hour meter.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
LewisB

I've never seen anything that would allow a reset on the generator hour meter. Recommend you call ASA; they have a fairly responsive customer support line.

You might also consider changing your signature - it shows your trailer as a 2018.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
I've never seen anything that would allow a reset on the generator hour meter. Recommend you call ASA; they have a fairly responsive customer support line.

You might also consider changing your signature - it shows your trailer as a 2018.

"Recommend you call ASA;" Is that a typo or a code I don't know?

I did change my signature a few days ago, It shows correct on my screen. Do you still see a 2018 Carbon in it?
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 07-16-2020, 03:58 PM   #4
Gord

Found this online for contacting ASA info is on very last page of the pdf manual
https://in-command.net/wp-content/up...ng%20Guide.pdf
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:30 PM   #5
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
"Recommend you call ASA;" Is that a typo or a code I don't know?

I did change my signature a few days ago, It shows correct on my screen. Do you still see a 2018 Carbon in it?
ASA is the company that does the software for iN.Command. Their Technical Service department can be reached at: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

The document referenced by Gord is a great source for trouble shooting your iN.Command system. Recommend that you verify the model of your iN.Command system to insure you have the most recent software update for your specific model. [While your trailer is new, that does not guarantee that it came with the most recent version of iN.Command - if it was built early in the model year, they just grab the first available part on a first-in/first-out basis. Additionally, it is possible that the firmware may need to be updated for your specific iN.Command unit.]

Your signature now shows a 2020 Fuzion 369 - in the original post, it showed a 2018 Fuzion 369. That may have been a phone app vs. PC app issue - it can take a bit for changes in your personal information to migrate through the forum system. It appears correctly now.

Hope that all helps.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Found this online for contacting ASA info is on very last page of the pdf manual
https://in-command.net/wp-content/up...ng%20Guide.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
ASA is the company that does the software for iN.Command. Their Technical Service department can be reached at: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

The document referenced by Gord is a great source for trouble shooting your iN.Command system. Recommend that you verify the model of your iN.Command system to insure you have the most recent software update for your specific model. [While your trailer is new, that does not guarantee that it came with the most recent version of iN.Command - if it was built early in the model year, they just grab the first available part on a first-in/first-out basis. Additionally, it is possible that the firmware may need to be updated for your specific iN.Command unit.]

Your signature now shows a 2020 Fuzion 369 - in the original post, it showed a 2018 Fuzion 369. That may have been a phone app vs. PC app issue - it can take a bit for changes in your personal information to migrate through the forum system. It appears correctly now.

Hope that all helps.
Thank you both for that information. I have printed it for my file, and will verify the version I have. My RV is a very early 2020, actually has the 2019 floor plan - it changed in the bedroom (slide and bed orientation) for 2020.
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 08-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #7
JJaxon

Update to this thread

I called ASA, was able to talk to a real person the first time, and he talked me through the reset process, it took about a minute. He explained what might be the cause on the master control board. Advised me to monitor it to see if a wire may be shorting from pin to pin, thus accumulating more hours than it should. Very good people and one call is all it took to remedy the issue. Thanks again for the reference to ASA.
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Old 08-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
ChuckS

So resetting the BCM corrected your generator hours used display issue?

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
So resetting the BCM corrected your generator hours used display issue?
Not resetting the bcm but in the settings you can change the hours meter, with a secret access code they give you. I've kept track of the time on it so I was able to reset the meter to what I know it should be. Now to monitor it to see if there is a short or another issue.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #10
Brion

JJaxon any updates on your question. I am having the same issue and was wondering how your timer is working?
Brion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #11
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brion View Post
JJaxon any updates on your question. I am having the same issue and was wondering how your timer is working?
Yes, it works normal now. No issues after I reset it. If you are having this issue, contact them. Very friendly, and easy reset. They walk you through it.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:53 AM   #12
jvaarre

This also happened on my 2022 fuzion 379. apparently common and can be related to residual or induced voltage that the control is picking up assuming the generator is still running. I am very happy to report that the support hot line is very helpful in rectifying this issue
jvaarre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator