Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #1
ASCTLC

Better thermostat for 2020 Cougar SGS27 Furnace?

Man, I hate that stupid in-command furnace control! Yeah, I know, it works for the majority but for an elk hunter it just sucks. I need wake up, daytime, early evening, then night time schedule but the in-command only lets me do 2 things.

So either I have to leave it too hot at night, or too warm all day, or too cool before getting out of bed, or too cool when I get back to the camper at the end of a long day of hunting the mountains. Or get out of bed an hour before wake up to turn it up or wait until I'm back to camp before I can turn it up. Or waste propane needlessly heating the camper while I'm not there all day. All of those are piss poor solutions.

Past campers I've always replaced the cheap RV supplied thermostat with a good battery operated programmable to get the needed scheduling.

So my question is: Has anyone disconnected the furnace wires from the in-command and added a quality programmable thermostat to get a four time schedule?

Thanks,
Andy

Tags
cougar, furnace