Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #1
Snou52

DOMETIC Thermostat 3316250 replacement

Hi All,

I just recently purchase a 2018 Cougar 29BHS and the thermostat is garbage. It is the DOMETIC RV Thermostats 3316250. Any suggestions on a replacement? I would prefer to only replace the thermostat without changing out the control module. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Sean
Snou52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Well.....you've stumbled upon what so many have found; the Dometic CT thermostat is not only a piece of junk it can sometimes appear to be possessed. There aren't any replacements for it without replacing the control module EXCEPT the Micro Air Easy Touch thermostat. I, and lots of other folks, have upgraded to the Micro Air and it is light years/head and shoulders better than the CT and has the added perks of wifi and bluetooth. I highly recommend it and here's a link;

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143555156
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
Snou52

Thank you for passing that along!!! Yeah, complete junk!! Just ridiculous I really appreciate the info!
Old 02-27-2021, 05:45 AM   #4
Dave99gst

Wow that’s a expensive alternative!

Ive found if you use it with the cover removed it’s way more user friendly . You just touch the contacts with your finger as if they were buttons
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #5
JDDilly

It is a little expensive, but well worth is. I like the wifi connectivity. We are at a seasonal site in the summer. While driving to the camper we can turn on the heat or air conditioning and the camper is nice a comfy when we arrive. Well worth the expense.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:40 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99gst View Post
Wow that’s a expensive alternative!

Ive found if you use it with the cover removed it’s way more user friendly . You just touch the contacts with your finger as if they were buttons

I spent far more than the cost of the MicroAir in lost time, expense and pure frustration dealing with the CT thermostats (went thru 4 of them and carried a spare) - ridiculous. And, taking the cover off help but looks so "hacked" on a nice trailer....and, the time will come when it too will go bonkers leaving you in a lurch - hopefully not when you've left a pet inside as you run an errand. Expensive? In the scheme of things, particularly with all the added features, it is a real bargain IMO.

Edit: I failed to mention the MicroAir runs the AC/furnace so much more efficiently and virtually eliminated all the short cycling, switching from hi to lo etc. Much, much better and easier on the AC/furnace units.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:51 AM   #7
Snou52

Thanks all for your replies and insight. I've been cheap and haven't replaced mine yet. The OEM does cycle quite often.

so many upgrades needed for the trailer. hoping to be able to put this upgrade off just a little bit longer
Old 03-01-2021, 11:48 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

If you can make it work and get by with it you can keep things going until it just quits...or starts doing stuff on its own. The MicroAir IS expensive and sounds like it can be put off but it is a very worthwhile expenditure IMO. For sure I wouldn't put any more money into a CT thermostat if/when the time comes. Good luck on all the upgrades.

Tags
dometic