Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
Audiojunkie

Toy Hauler Nose and Roof Replacement

Hows it going everyone. So im new here and im glad i found this place.
I recently bought a 2006 Keystone Hobbi Toy Hauler. I got a great deal on it, but of course that meant there were a few things wrong.
1. The nose has water damage from a leak that was once fixed, in the top right corner where the main terminal bar is.
2. soft bathroom floor
3. tires were sitting for 4 years.
4. old battery.
but for 4k it was a deal, especially since he put a whole new floor in the cabin.

So now what im dealing with. of course with the water damage the ceiling panels, just in the front were sagging. luckily the leak was isolated to just one place.

What im planning on doing, is replacing the whole front piece 8x9 sheet if fiberglass, with a new piece of filon using 1/8 sheets of backing board glued to the frame, replacing the insulation with r30 1/2' foam board and painted 1/8' backing board for new ceiling panels also glued to the frame.

Second, i noticed when looking for the leak entry point that the epdm roof had slight rips in those areas. So im replacing that too. That job looks fairly straight forward. time consuming and a bunch of elbow grease, but easy enough.

what im not sure about is the filon replacement, as ive had a hard time finding anyone else that has done this..
is there anyone else here that has attempted this?
any help is greatly appreciated. TIA
Audiojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, toy hauler