Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
billb800si

Laredo 314RE trailer

Wife & I are going to look at a 2015 Laredo 314RE triple slide trailer tomorrow and was wondering if there are any 314RE owners here.
The wife likes the kitchen layout with all that counter space and I like the opposing slides in the back. A plus (I think) is the rectangle shower with sliding glass doors. Easier to get this old man in & out.
We owned a 2014 Cougar High Country 321RES but totaled that out. (long story)....
Any comments would be appreciated.
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
denverpilot

We like our 5th wheel 312RE. What do you want to know?

Started typing up some minor nitpicky stuff but Tapatalk crashed. Starting over.

Main gripe, the stock tires suck. Upgrade.

Additionally watch the weight for your TV. They aren't lightweights. Our 312RE + TV weighs in at 19,440 with full water and ready to camp other than food.

Stock battery, plan on upgrading if boondocking. I had other big high capacity 12V batteries so I've got three now.

Optional bedroom A/C and TV pre-wired. If you want them, just have them do it before delivery.

Large pass through and front cargo areas are big. Get storage containers to organize and keep stuff from moving.

Rear cabinetry is back there where the trailer bounces the worst in back. Don't put fragile items in those.

Replace all the old school lightbulbs with cheap eBay LEDs. Bulbs are old tech at this point.

Fan over stove is similar to a Fantastic Fan. It needs it. No outside vent in stove cover. Open roof vent when cooking inside. Trust me on this one.

Speaking of vents, have the dealer put good vent covers on. Still kicking myself for not doing that and I'll end up doing it eventually.

Recliners are great. Couch is uncomfortable. Dog likes the couch sometimes. LOL. We are always just the two of us. So I'm thinking about removing the couch and replacing with a desk for a work area.

Rear slides in, no walking path to fridge. Be aware. Have to push one a couple of feet out to get into fridge.

Latch on that lovely large glass shower door looks like it could bounce out and unlatch easily. Make a dowel to hold the door as a backup.

None of the above bothers us. Tires did. Too many things we like about it to list them all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
grampscamper

Yes I would agree with Denverpilot. We also have the 312re 5th wheel. It looks like a very similar layout to the 314re. We had a number of minor issues but for the most part we're happy. As Denverpilot said we cut a large pool noodle to wedge in the shower door track because our doors unlatched and came off the track on a recent trip. Fortunately nothing was broken.
I had to caulk the shower door frame because it leaked. 3 of the window screens have fallen off because of the weak clips that hold them in place. I left a small computer printer in one of the rear cabinets and it was broken when we arrived at our destination. Again as Denverpilot said don't put fragile items in the rear of the trailer. We also have a leaky toilet & window. The window has a leak at the hinge. I caught it before any damage was done. Ours is at the dealer now getting a few issues repaired but nothing major. I can't comment on the tires as ours seem fine. We picked up a screw at the dealership and had to have one repaired. We do use a tire pressure monitor system.
If you're going to order yours ask for a wet bolt kit to be installed at the factory. Although we have a few problems we're very happy with our 5th wheel & our dealer.
Good luck.

2017 Passport Elite 19RB
2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2017 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6.7
grampscamper is offline   Reply With Quote