Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
TexasA&M

Anyone with a 316BIK?

Howdy everyone -

I was browsing various RV websites the other day and came across the Keystone Sprinter. The 316BIK really caught my eye as a cool and useful layout. I currently have a Jayco 32BHDS, which the family and I really like, but the 316BIK is an upgrade and slightly more well laid out (for us, at least).

Can anyone here give me some real life feedback and maybe some pictures?

Thanks!

- Steve
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and potentially to Keystone RVing.

The Sprinter 316BIK is out of production. If you go to the Keystone website at: http://www.keystonerv.com/sprinter/

You will see the annotation of "STOCK ONLY" after the model number in the floorplans. That indicates that the only available units of that model are at dealerships or being transported to dealerships.

That may not be "bad news" for you, because Sprinter is stopping production of nearly all their models and starting production of the Sprinter Wide Body models. There is a new model available, the 316BIK-WB which you might find even better for your family.

Good luck with your RV shopping and if you've got any specific questions, just post them and you'll probably get answers from the membership here. There are two members who were looking at the 316, but I'm not certain if either actually bought the trailer. You can do a search for 316BIK by using the search button in the blue bar at the top of every forum page. Hopefully some of your questions may be answered there.

Again, welcome to the forum, make yourself at home.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
TexasA&M

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that everything has switched to the wide body version, but I don't see any actual changes. They say it is wider, but I don't see any stats. Does anyone have any info on this? I assume that the original trailers are/were 96" wide; how wide are the wide bodies?

I did a search previously and only came up with folks saying they either had, or were looking at this particular model. I didn't find any reviews or comments. Hopefully an owner or another looker will chime in shortly.

I'm probably just dreaming right now because there is nothing wrong with my current trailer and the Sprinter isn't different enough to justify a change. It sure is a nice trailer though; lots of upgrades from my current model. Oh well, it's still fun to dream!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
TexasA&M

I guess no one has one of these trailers? How about anyone with a new widebody of any configuration? The brochure shows that these are 100" wide and have a kingsize bed in them. I'm curious to find out exactly how big these king size beds are.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

The most common RV king-size beds/mattresses are 72x80 but a few are 76x80 - depending on the layout and space available in the bedroom area.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
TexasA&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
The most common RV king-size beds/mattresses are 72x80 but a few are 76x80 - depending on the layout and space available in the bedroom area.
Good info to know. The brochure states that the interior width is a full 96" (the outside width of my current trailer is 96", so this one is probably 4-6" wider inside). If the king bed is 72" wide, this leaves only 16", or 8" on each side of the bed. That isn't much room, so I'm thinking that their 'King' bed is smaller.

I was hoping to check some of these trailers out at the RV show this year, but I just found out I'll be out of town that weekend. Oh well, I'll just have to make a trip to the dealer one of these days.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
billb800si

Steve,
Here's a video on that unit

Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote