Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
TheBeans

Valances & Mini-Blinds

Here's one that I need help with:

I hate the mini-blinds in our rig. I figured I'd just remove them...I've taken down (and put up) mini-blinds in our home so how hard could it be, right? Wrong! I took off the side curtains (they snap to the valance and gather up on a metal 'hook' at the bottom and then peered up under the valance to see what I'd need to remove. Imagine my amazement when I don't see how the darn things are attached!!

I was successful in seeing one end of an L bracket that was screwed onto the valance, but that's it. I don't want to remove the valances if I can possibly avoid it, but I'm beginning to think that's not an option if I want to get the mini-blinds out.

Anyone ever taken their blinds out without removing valances? What do I need to do?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
f6bits

My valances are held in with long screws and were easy to remove. At least in the case of my kitchen setup. The screws weren't that hard to find by eyeballing the edges of the valance where it meets the wall.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Roller4Tan

The screws are probably hidden by the valance fabric, feel around the ends and corners for the screw head.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
NWTTrailer

Ours had screws in the inside corners hidden in the fabric plus the brackets. We removed our blinds and installed curtains
NWTTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Russ-n-Neese

I just did this yesterday...wanted a black-out curtain near our bed. The mini blinds in ours are held to the wall with 2 slide like tabs that I just flipped in opposite direction, unlocking the mini blind. No screws to mess with. Left the valance rod in place and hung the black-out curtain with velcro tabs.

2012 Summerland
TV #1 - 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
TV #2 - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
Russ-n-Neese is offline   Reply With Quote