Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
rcosta

Where is my water pump

Hi, I could use some help in finding the water pump in my 2009 KS Sprindale. I can hear that is near the front, very close to the water tank. Can anyone help me locate and access it? Thanks.
rcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

In your profile you indicate you have a 2009 Summerland RV and you're asking about the location of the pump in a 2009 Springdale RV. What brand and model RV are you trying to find the pump. It could be located in a number of places depending on the floorplan. If you could be more specific about what RV you've got, we could help you locate the pump.

However, usually there is a panel held in place by a couple of screws. If you hear the pump, chances are there is a panel right in front of it. Look for screws on either side of the panel in front of where you hear the pump and you should find it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #3
rcosta

Thanks for noticing the error. It is a Springdale. I will change the profile. I was in the TT this morning and cannot find any access to what I hear. It is in the front bed room which is carpeted. I will go back underneath, but yesterday when I looked there, it is all sealed off. I will keep looking.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
GMcKenzie

My Cougar has it in the bedroom next to the bed. There are two screw holding a TOP panel on. A little magnet helps you find the screws as mine were not in the corner like I though they would be.

A model # would help.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Jay D

On my Sprinter you can get at it from the drivers side front compartment on the outside.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
rcosta

Thumbs up Found it!

Thanks everyone. I was on the driver's side front, but they must have paid someone to hide it. I had to pry it up. It was covered by carpet and if you looked close, there were screws on the bottom. Even when it was open, it was difficult to get to, but I was able to pump the pink stuff all around.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Oakland60

Trying to Locate Water Pump, Why? Noisy??

Hi, new to the forum here. We have a 2010 Sprindale and really love it except for one problem. When we are not hooked up to water - the water pump is
extremely noisy. When we flush the toilet it sounds like an airplane taking off - wakes up everybody at night (and maybe our neighbors too.) We think it is vibrating against the outside wall, it's hard to get at.

Member rcosta (11-13-2011) stated he was trying to find the water pump. We are wondering if it is for the same reason and what is the "pink" stuff you are
pumping around it. We may have to take to the dealer for this problem, but would like to try to solve ourselves.
Thanks. Gail
Oakland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
rcosta

Water Pump

Hi,
When I found mine, it was screwed down, so maybe yours is not. It would be worth checking out. Is it new? Might it just need to be replaced.
The 'pink stuff' is simply RV antifreeze that I needed to put in the water lines. In NY, it certainly gets cold enough to freeze.
Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland60 View Post
Hi, new to the forum here. We have a 2010 Sprindale and really love it except for one problem. When we are not hooked up to water - the water pump is
extremely noisy. When we flush the toilet it sounds like an airplane taking off - wakes up everybody at night (and maybe our neighbors too.) We think it is vibrating against the outside wall, it's hard to get at.

Member rcosta (11-13-2011) stated he was trying to find the water pump. We are wondering if it is for the same reason and what is the "pink" stuff you are
pumping around it. We may have to take to the dealer for this problem, but would like to try to solve ourselves.
Thanks. Gail
Gail, Welcome to the forum. To answer one question ... "pink stuff" is the non-toxic antifreeze used to winterize RVs and other potable water systems and has nothing to do with the noise the pump makes.
Sometimes pump noise can be reduced by remounting the pump on a better insulating pad but generally RV water pumps are noisy. Maybe you can just ask someone in the campground to listen or compare it with their's before you make a trip to the dealer. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

Have you actually found the water pump or are you still looking for it? If you still haven't located it, tracking it down by the noise source may be the best way of generally locating it. It is probably behind a panel/door/drawer near the vicinity of your city water hookup.
As far as the noise is concerned, it may be due to:
1) the pump mounts have become loose and the whole pump is vibrating.. Check the rubber mounts to make sure that they are still intact. As hankpage suggested, make sure the pump is on a solid surface - with some kind of dampers/rubber mounts in place. Sometimes, putting insulation in the pump area/compartment might help to cut down on the noise.
2) Some of the piping that comes out of the pump may be vibrating against a wall or some other partition - creating a "drum-like" effect and magnifying the noise. You can switch to a flex-hose for some of the fittings which will reduce the noise or move the pipes away from any obstruction/wall/panel and place pipe foam/insulation where it might come in contact.

The pink stuff is RV antifreeze. It is pumped into the water supply system - pipes, lines, pump motor, etc., to prevent them from freezing. You can do a Google search --- type in "Winterizing RV's" and you will find tons of information about this topic.
It looks like you live in an area that is subject to freezing temps and you should winterize your RV asap!!!! If you don't, come Sping-time, you will have a real mess on your hands!!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
bennydog

To Oakland60 question about the racket that the water pump makes especially when the head is flushed in the middle of the night. I had the same issue and solved it by adding a 2 gallon accumulator. This holds enough water and pressure to get us through the night without the pump coming on. Also mounted the pump on a "shock table" 2 pieces of 1/4 plywood separated by 2" foam insulation. Glue the ply to the foam and then screw the pump to the top and screw the bottom to the trailer. Also adding flexible pipe between the pump and the trailer will help. No need to purchase the silencing kits from CW, fittings are the same as in your home so your favorite home repair shop should have what you'll need. It's also where you can get the tank. Out here they put them on the hot water lines near the hot water tank to handle expansion. The pictures and full text are in the modifications tap on page 12. The post was back in August of 2009 titled Mods to plumbing part 1.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #12
Oakland60

Water Pump Noisy. Thanks for info.

Thanks for all the info. It sound very much like what we suspected, but it is horribly loud inside especially at night. I guess the husband will have to check it out this spring. I will have him look over all suggestions. (We're getting older so I don't think he wants to crawl around trying to look at everything - will probably have to take to the dealer.)
We have winterized already, but I don't think he inserts the antifreeze in the water pump directly. I will ask him just in case I have misspoken.
Thanks again. Gail
Oakland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #13
mcapozza

Can anyone tell me where the pump is located on a 2013 Laredo 294rk?
mcapozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:52 AM   #14
Falcon67

One way to find the pump is to try and follow the fill line from the port, usually next to the city water port. That should lead you to it.

In out 2021 Springdale 220RD it's located front left in the pass through behind a flimsy cover. It was loud as he** because not only was is screwed tight to the floor, negating any vibration isolation, it was also azzend up against the left wall. So the entire wall from the potty to the front carried the noise. I fixed that:

I moved the pump from the tight corner over to the other side of the infeed. A piece of "stall blanket" from Tractor Supply is mounted to the floor with two small #8 screws to hold it in place. The pump is mounted with some 5/8" #8s to a similar piece. This is the thinner blanket TSC sells and it's ribbed on one side. Faced the rib sides together and secured them together on one end with two lightly threaded #8s. Used a 20" piece of 1/2 faucet supply and a couple of fittings/brass to tie the pump out back to the infeed. Use hose for 1/2 iron pipe to iron pipe - may have to find online. I did find a hose at Home Depot but had to use sealer on the "faucet" end to stop leaks. Proper hose is on order.

You can barely hear the pump now.

On an aside - if your pump is hard lined into the RV, then consider something like "SHURFLO 94-591-01 Pump Silencing Kit". Re-mount the pump on some isolating medium not touching walls and let the flex lines reduce vibration transmission to the water lines. Can also cove the water lines with some 1/2 pip insulation.
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote