Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
malibu43

OK to use Helper Springs with WDH?

I posted this in a GM Truck Forum, but thought I'd repost here since there is probably more of a focus on towing here...

We just bought a Passport 219BHWE as well as a new 2021 5.3 1500 Silverado Z71 that I will use for towing as well as daily driving. GVWR of the trailer is 6400lbs. I have a WDH (RV dealer set it up and so still needs some dialing in) that I will always use for towing.

I also have a set of EZ 990 helper springs from my 2015 Silverado laying in the garage. I know the helper spring is not an alternative to the WDH, but I was thinking of using them in conjunction to take some of the squish/bounce out of the back the truck when towing, and also to reduce the sag by just a little. It's Ok to put on the helper springs as long as I go through the WDH setup again, right? I was researching online last night, and while a lot of people say you shouldn't need helper springs with a properly set up WDH, I also saw that the Max Tow package from GM includes stiffer rear springs, so there must be some advantage there...
malibu43 is offline   Reply With Quote