Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
flybouy
Site Team

Country Acres CG in Gordonville, PA

Want to relate a story of my experience here.

We have stayed here several times and this trip we rolled in yesterday around 5 pm. Partially set up as it started to rain lightly. No weather warnings and rain was not in the forecast. DW fixed dinner and while setting at the table inside a terrible storm came out of nowhere. I'm guessing it was a micro burst. Anyway it destroyed our awning before I had time to hit the retract button.

After the storm I cut the remaining fabric off and removed the awning tube last night. Today, we drove to our daughters house about 15 miles away to give our grandson his B'day gift and get a ladder from their house. Upon returning I stopped at the office to inquire about a WiFi issue. They have great WiFi but the forum was blocked. The lady in the office said the guy that could help me was on a mower and she would let him know to meet me at our site. I drove the 500 or feet to our site and he was standing there waiting for me.

I explained the issue and he called their IT company while I was standing there. He told them about the site being blocked and they said they would take care of it which they promptly did. What great service! He asked about the awning and offered to help. I thanked him but told him I was OK.

So here's the rest of the story. Later while I'm on the ladder cutting the awning fabric back closer to the rail I see someone standing in the road at our site. He asked if our dog was friendly and when assuring him it is he stepped on our site and asked what happened. Initially I though "what a busy body" but then he started offering help.

He said come back here and look at the back of our site which was about 3 sites away. OK I thought, I'll bite. I look and he says we just put up our canopy and you don't have shade so how about we bring it down for you? Now he had a pop up canopy/screen room that has to be at least 14' sq. There was a bunch of chairs, tables etc. under it but he was willing to let us use it and was almost insistent.

During this my DW was cooking dinner at our outdoor kitchen. His wife shows up with their dog and they start chatting. When I declined his generosity and explained that that side was in total shade by early afternoon. Then he asked if we had a fan and offered to bring us a fan. I explained that yes we do have a fan inside that we use outdoors he then wanted us to come over for dinner. It was incredible how much they just wanted to help and make our day better.

Having this experience today gave me great hope for humanity. You here so much negativity and complaining about peoples behavior now days that I just wanted to convey this experience. This what camping was always about and it was very refreshing and encouraging to see people still being "neighborly".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
curtiscapk

Great Story! Those quick bursts suck!
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
curtiscapk is offline   Reply With Quote