Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Gwoody

Satellite TV

Is there a way to watch satellite programming on two separate TVs through the Key TV system on tailgater dome type auto satellite. Could I run one input through the satellite port and one through the cable port? Or is there another way? Thanks for any input.
Gwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoody View Post
Is there a way to watch satellite programming on two separate TVs through the Key TV system on tailgater dome type auto satellite. Could I run one input through the satellite port and one through the cable port? Or is there another way? Thanks for any input.

I am not familiar with the KeyTV system but if you have a Tailgater antenna and with two coax outputs and two Wally receivers, then probably one using the SAT input on the outside of your camper and run coax direct to the 2nd television. I have an old camper and have a pass through bulkhead coax fitting on the outside of my camper adjacent to my entertainment center shelf and connect my Pathfinder antenna (only one coax) to this fitting and on the back of the fitting and inside the camper connect a 2' length of RG6 to the Wally. I generally set the Pathfinder on my slide.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:31 AM   #3
Nankipoo

I have direct tv with receiver and aromatic dish. I hooked the receiver to the sattelite in to the dvr in the living area. Then I used coaxial out on the dvr and hooked it to the cable jack right bedside the sattelite jack. Some how this sent a signal to the front bedroom. Have to watch the same channel though. It didn't send a signal to the outside jack. Know idea how it worked though.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:31 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

I don't understand what was done so can't help. Why a receiver AND a DVR? What receiver doesn't have DVR capability? Your description of what was done needs clarification.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:54 AM   #5
Nankipoo

Hard to explain. On the outside of camper there is a sat. jack and cable jack. Hooked dish to the sat. jack. On the inside in the living room behind tv compartment there are 3 jacks. Sat. Cable and air antenna. Hooked the dvr to sat. jack. Then hooked HDMI cable to that tv. On the coaxial out port on dvr I ran a coaxial cable from it to the cable jack located in same compartment. In the bedroom tv compartment there are 2 jacks. Antenna and cable. Hooked that tv to the cable jack there. Somehow it's getting the signal through that jack from the dvr in living room. The jack outside in the front basement will not see the dvr. It will only work on antenna. I have no idea how the bedroom worked it just did. That's why it's hard to explain.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
dezl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoody View Post
So I just picked up a raptor 423 with keytv. We want to install dish on the trailer as we will be traveling for the next month or so. After speaking with tech support at Keystone, they said that keytv basically won't allow multi TV use. If you want to watch TV outside you need to take and hookup the receiver outside, if you then want to move to the garage you have to bring the receiver with you (what they told me). The system won't allow for more than one receiver.

I can't imagine an designer/engineer would design something so stupid. Hopefully someone can prove keystone wrong.
dezl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite