Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Roller4Tan

Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
stormy2000

wow very detailed, it had some line items that we didn't even think of. we did not have a good experience with either the sales rep/pdi person so we'd rather not go back there. but we are still looking at the TT see if we missed things.

will keep this one also, and add to the ones we have. thanks for info.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
CUFFS054

Some new weirdness with my Suburban DSI water heater. Works great and cycles normally on 120V. Works great and cycles normally on propane (my choice since I've got 120 gal tank). BUT if I try the run 120V and gas(for quick recovery) it will finish the current cycle and at some point trip the Over Limit gas shut-off. However, 120V continues on normally. Any thoughts?
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Cuff,

Your gas thermostat may well be set lower than your electric thermostat and when it reaches the gas "upper limit" the electric keeps heating the water until it hits the gas "safety cutoff" which disables the gas circuit to prevent overheating while using gas. Both the electric and gas sides have this safety feature to prevent tank overheating but they are independent of each other so if one is too far out of adjustment with the other, it could affect the other system. I don't think there is any adjustment of either system "upper limit switch" other than replacement. Maybe you could adjust your "habits" to include turning off the electric after you no longer need the fast recovery? You should be able to reset the gas side by simply turning off the indoor gas operation switch and then turning it back on after a few minutes. I know that's a pain, but probably better than chasing down electric thermostat reset switches for replacement which possibly won't fix the issue......

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
CUFFS054

John, that's what I figured. Service manual states that the two thermos gas/elec are 10 degrees apart but shouldn't be enough to trigger that ECS for the gas side. To reset it I must open the cover and remove the "small black box" cover and then reset the hi-limit gas safety. I think I'll just live with it on gas for now. It does a good job.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote