Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2018, 04:50 AM   #21
Javi

I'm thinking that the dog's butt might not be the worse thing to sit in that basket... especially in Walmart

I'll also freely admit that I like my dog better than most of the people I meet...
Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 AM   #22
Racebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I'm thinking that the dog's butt might not be the worse thing to sit in that basket... especially in Walmart

I'll also freely admit that I like my dog better than most of the people I meet...
what he said x 2!!

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #23
Fishsizzle

Quote:

Agreed! Google “walmartian” and see what comes up.

As far as attention, yes, they crave attention. When people tell me their dog is afraid of such and such, it’s code for they are afraid of it. People Chanel way to much into their dogs. Yes they are a great companion and life without them is to me pretty boring, but end of the day, they can’t tell time. They pretty much accept their situation, and trust me, my hound dog would leave me to head home with anyone with a meal.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #24
Barbell

We are with Javi. Our dogs are smarter and have better manners than most people. If they spoke English and had thumbs, would send them to school. However they still stay either in the RV or the truck when we are out.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #25
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
We have 5 pups and own a dog daycare. We see it all, all day everyday.

We love our dogs, only store they go into is Home Depot. And we never use the check outs that have food.

I have to say, I’m really grossed out when fingers from kids that have been who knows where are grabbing at food and the throwing a fit for Mom to put it in cart only to have said parent on the phone texting away. Only to put food back on shelf.

I almost hurled today as the checker at Safeway rubbed his runny nose 10-15 times while bagging my groceries.

My pups aren’t perfect, but we work with them constantly to be good and quiet.
We have 4 dogs and own a Boarding/Daycare as well. I see posts about not liking to see dogs at restaurants? In my 41 years, I've never seen a dog at a restaurant. We take 2 camping with us every time we go. They are just as well behaved as our children.
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

What about a well behaved, harness trained cat?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	16502

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #27
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
What about a well behaved, harness trained cat?
Attachment 16502
In the last couple years we've seen several. In most of the cases it was to dog proof their site, if a dog came within leash length they suffered the cats wrath, regardless of the dogs size. Kind of comical to watch.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #28
chuckster57
Site Team

even more comical is the questions I get about my cat on a leash.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #29
CaptnJohn

I'm sitting in the truck with Roscoe while my wife shops. He has no business in most stores, not even most pet friendly stores.
On the other hand he is better behaved and cleaner than many, probably most, rugrats people call children. If I see a dog in a restaurant I'll most often find another place to eat.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #30
MerlinB

Quote:

Nailed it!!!
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #31
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

We've had our boys with us at an outside dining restaurant at lunch. The laid at our feet and slept. Would not do that at dinner. Would never consider taking them inside for any reason.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #32
DocWMB

100% Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
We plan on taking our dog with us camping EVERY time we will be going and if he does any of the things that you mention above.....we have failed at our job of being responsible pet owners. You just happened to be camping by some folks that have failed and/or have no common sense when it comes to their pets. Will our dog bark at something/someone once in a while.....yes....he is a 7 month old puppy! Will it be allowed to continue by us....NO! We have been training and will continue to train him on appropriate behavior and will not allow him to be in charge of doing whatever he wants to do. If you make contact with our dog, it will be because you chose to come over to our campsite and visit with him.....not the other way around. I'm sorry you have had some bad experiences with other's pets, but please don't lump all pet owners into the same category.
Here, here, Xrated! My pets DO belong with me camping and our 4th of July Campout is specifically to get them away from all the Fireworks in town. This post exactly voices my thoughts. It's not bad pets. It's bad owners.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #33
FlyingAroundRV

Chuckster:
I actually prefer cats to dogs and I respect that you keep your cat on a leash.
But last year while travelling from Atlanta to Oshkosh, I noticed a distinct lack of wildlife in most of the parks we stayed at. After seeing numerous campers with pets, I wondered whether the presence of cats and dogs in the parks contributed to the wildlife giving the parks a wide berth.
It certainly was the case in the John James Audubon park when I was trying to video a squirrel and a cardinal and the neighbors little yapster came rushing up barking and chasing everything it saw. The owner apologised profusely for the intrusion, but it would have been better if he had controlled yapster in the first place, and better yet if yapster hadn't been there at all.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #34
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
We've had our boys with us at an outside dining restaurant at lunch. The laid at our feet and slept. Would not do that at dinner. Would never consider taking them inside for any reason.
"Our boys"? Kids or dogs??

Click image for larger version

Name:	0518180909.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	16513
Went into the little neighborhood IGA store this morning & this sign was posted at the door & at the register. Good for them!!
Edit; Sorry can't read the sign, but it states no pets allowed unless certified, registered service animals.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #35
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWMB View Post
Here, here, Xrated! My pets DO belong with me camping and our 4th of July Campout is specifically to get them away from all the Fireworks in town. This post exactly voices my thoughts. It's not bad pets. It's bad owners.
Thank you DocWMB.....what I wrote just seems like common sense to me, but then again, I give a lot of credit to my parents for raising me properly and I'm thankful that I was born with or acquired some common sense.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #36
xrated

Who wouldn't love a face like this.....all 12 lbs of personality and love!

American Manchester Terrier Toy!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #37
Northofu1

you could easily sub in kids as well as dogs. There are great parents with great kids, and there are great pet owners with great pets. I think the real problem we can all agree on are the idiots.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #38
Jim & Kay

We are the owners of 4 fur babies. I agree that animals should not be permitted in grocery stores, restaurants, or bars other than service animals. Having said that, when it comes to camping in campgrounds at least 70% of campers have at least 1 pet with them, even in million dollar plus motorhomes. Our fur babies are for our enjoyment and we do not allow them to cause disturbances and we clean up after them always. But for those who cannot tolerate dogs in campgrounds they should find campgrounds that are not animal friendly or sell their toys and find another interest. We are not going to stop taking our fur babies camping with us and the reason is not that we crave grumpy people's attention, it is because we enjoy our babies. And if we choose to call ourselves Mommy & Daddy to our fur babies, I don't recall asking for permission. Have a great day.

HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU
Jim, Kay, & Our Furry Kids
2012 Cougar HC 5er 291RLS aka "Rt 66 B&B"
2008 Toyota Tundra aka "The Hoss" 4X4 Limited DC 5.7 L
6 S Tranny w/TowHaul 4.30 RG 20" tires
Firestone Airbags w/compressor
16K Superglide hitch

Lovers of Route 66
Jim & Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #39
RoscoeV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I'm sitting in the truck with Roscoe while my wife shops. He has no business in most stores, not even most pet friendly stores.
On the other hand he is better behaved and cleaner than many, probably most, rugrats people call children. If I see a dog in a restaurant I'll most often find another place to eat.
I resent that remark about not having any business in stores.... Lol
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Pathway X2 with DISH Wally
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #40
vampress_me

“Google “walmartian” and see what comes up.”

No please. I see enough in our local Walmart.

I do have to admit the thought has crossed my mind a few times when people and pets have been particularly yucky in the local Wally World, I have been tempted to bring our miniature horse in, just to irritate said pet people. But, then I realize I was raised better and there’s no point stooping to their level...must be why I also wear real clothes into Walmart too.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote