Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
S&Dfz331

Working a deal to buy 2014 fz342

Anyone have a fuzion fz342 I am working on a deal with the dealer now if they work the numbers right with my trade we should close the deal by end of the week. Is there anything that has stumped anyone that I should make sure they go over with me? The dealer has a lot where they will pull the camper to so we can transfer all the stuff from our old one to the new one and spend a day or two in it. To make sure Everything works and if not they have a tech right there to fix or explain to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
ctpd814

We have the 342. We love ours. The only issues I have are the battery disconnect not being a true disconnect. There are several things that still run off of the battery even when "disconnected". The other was when the heat is on the bathroom gets very warm. I changed the bathroom register for one that has a damper which solved the problem. If the unit you are looking has the second A/C in the garage with the heat strip, make sure it is connected. It is not a big deal to do just kind of a PIA to see sometimes.

There have been others that have had a problem filling their fuel tanks. It appears that on some of the units the fuel tanks were not properly vented. They have a vent tubes but there was a plug that was not knocked out of the tank where the vent tube was attached it.

Good luck and I hope things work out for you. I am sure you will enjoy it.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
S&Dfz331

Thanks I will check all that when we close the deal. I can't wait. I really love all the features on this coach.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
sptddog

We just got a used 2013 and we also love it. The battery disconnect is a big one....I was so excited not to have to completely unhook the battery after each trip...lesson learned.

I also second the bathroom heater - switched to a damper and it's been fine.

I often have a hard time figuring out the auto level (where it's supposed to remember where it came off the truck), so you might want to video that or write it down. Instructions to the level are inside the compartment door, so that's a bonus.

Only thing I'm finding taking time to get used to is the height - it's tall compared to our old 250rs, and it takes a bit to get past the fear that some bridge will pop up, or that you won't hit under a 13'8" bridge. I really wish they'd do lower profile air conditioners!
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #5
S&Dfz331

Thanks all I worked out a great deal at best Rv center in Turlock Ca. I won't be able to pick it up for a few weeks because it prom time. They even add a 7 yr extended warranty and my payment only went up 26$ from what I am paying now. So I think I got a great deal.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
MBD

We currently full time in our 342. If I could afford a bigger TV, I'd get a 3 axle trailer with the half bath (not gonna happen). We are truly happy with the room and finish level. Pulls like a dream.

Sptddog - my level up doesn't work like the lippert video in regards to returning to hitch position. When I push the two buttons simultaneously, the display states option not programmed. The solution is to enter manual mode and scroll to return option-it then works just like the video!
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
S&Dfz331

Well I got my 342 home over this past weekend unfortunately we are a little behind in reserving a good spot for the fourth weekend. So I am taking this time to get everything in its place and learn how all the new gadget work.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
Luckybuck55

Great RV got one in January had little leak in bedroom slide towards the front corner bottom that was not caulked fixed now no problem we are happy with our 342! Enjoy
Luckybuck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
dogger

MBD, Our levelup was doing the same thing. I spoke with Lippert and this is what I was told:

This is more of a safety feature. What it is telling you is from where you auto leveled it was at or near level or the reading was in the negative. What you need to do is when you take it off your truck you will need to raise the front of the coach a few inches. On the display there will be some readings. The front should be in the positive before auto leveling. Then auto level from that position. All this remembers is where the coach was when auto level was started. If you need anything else please let me know.

Cheers,
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
maxx1015

speaking of 342 did they discontinue it website says stock only
maxx1015 is offline   Reply With Quote