Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
29tomt

More Peeling Decals???

I am new to this site and owning the Keystone Montana. I have had a TT and a Class A diesel.

I have noticed that Keystones seem to have problems with the decals coming off the exterior. I am thinking about just getting some remover and taking them off. Are the replacements very expensive and where is a good place to get them cost wise?

Thanks.
29tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Are you having a problem with your decals peeling or are you planning on removing them "just in case they start to peel? If they are not peeling now, why not just leave them on? Not all Keystones and not all Montanas have decals that peel.
If you are going to remove and replace them, check out EBay for replacement decals.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Railcop345

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29tomt View Post
I am new to this site and owning the Keystone Montana. I have had a TT and a Class A diesel.

I have noticed that Keystones seem to have problems with the decals coming off the exterior. I am thinking about just getting some remover and taking them off. Are the replacements very expensive and where is a good place to get them cost wise?

Thanks.
Keystone has had problems with some decals on the 2008-09 models. We have an 08 Montana 2955RL and just obtained a complete set of replacement decals for the slide-side. (I haven't opened the box but they may have sent a complete set). All they required was a picture of the bad decals. 574-535-2100, ask for Customer Service.
Railcop345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
rjsurfer

My 2008 Cougar had the same issue but only with the front decal, it started to peel and shrink.

A few months ago I sent a picture of the peeling decal as requested by customer service and received a new one a few weeks later.

Now of course I have to to clean up and remove the old one

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
witekjm

Smile Peeling decals

I agree with the above posts. I contacted Keystone Customer Service and they asked for photos, I sent them, and they replied with a PDF of the decal placement of our Keystone Passport series (they don't break it down by model). Each graphic had a corresponding number and I replied with the correct number and they mailed the replacement decal at NO CHARGE! I'm very pleased. Now, I need the proper procedure to remove the peeling decal and apply the new. Any ideas? Kudos to Keystone's Customer Service Dept.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
cathcartww

Quote:
Originally Posted by witekjm View Post
I agree with the above posts. I contacted Keystone Customer Service and they asked for photos, I sent them, and they replied with a PDF of the decal placement of our Keystone Passport series (they don't break it down by model). Each graphic had a corresponding number and I replied with the correct number and they mailed the replacement decal at NO CHARGE! I'm very pleased. Now, I need the proper procedure to remove the peeling decal and apply the new. Any ideas? Kudos to Keystone's Customer Service Dept.
I have one of these :

http://buyaes.com/hot-blade-decal-remover.html

and it works like a champ. I think I got mine on eBay. I have heard there is also a yellow one on the market that is cheaper but doesn't hold up as well ....

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
old racer

We use an electric heat gun at our custom sign shop. (most hardware stores, wal mart). Depending on how large the decal is, briefly heat the entire surface or the area you want to start. Then peel the decal and continue heating as you go. There will likely be a film of the adhesive left. Use "goo gone" (hardware or auto parts store) on a rag and wipe the adhesive off. You wont need any type of scraper, etc., as that may scratch the surface.
Before applying the new decal, wipe the area with alcohol. To make the application smooth, we use a product called "splash" application fluid. (www.wensco.com) Spray the surface, apply the decal and squeege out the air bubbles. Sounds compliated but the entire process takes about 20minutes for most larger decals up to 48 inches long. Hope this helps.
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote