Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2024, 03:23 PM   #1
T1D Adventurer

Fusion impact 26V question..

I just bought a new to me 2020 Fusion impact 26v Vapor Light TH trailer. I have been reasearching or trying to research info on the transfer switch/coverter and types of batteries to use with it. With no success. It has a WFCO WF-T57-R transfer switch, I have read what the transfer switch is for, however I cannot find If it has anything to do with charging the battery or if there is a separate converter that unfortunately I cannot locate if there is one. If it does, can it charge a Lithium Ion, LIFEPO4 battery or do I have to stick with an AGM battery? Also, this does trailer does not have an internal generator. Any guidance or information would be greatly appreciated.
T1D Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:26 PM   #2
JDDilly

Congratulations on the new rig.

Before I had a built in generator, I carried a Honda 3000 in the truck. It was enough to run one air conditioner if it was hot when we stopped.
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:45 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

The transfer switch simply allows for 2 separate 120VAC sources to supply AC voltage to the unit. There will be a converter that charges the battery(s) and supplies 12VDC to operate the 12V items (lights, radio, water pump, etc.).

You can use any type battery you choose, but it’s best to make sure the converter is compatible with your choice of battery type. The converter will be either the bottom half of the power distribution panel or behind it mounted by itself. Look for the model number and you can look it up.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:39 AM   #4
T1D Adventurer

Thank you. I'll have to take a look a that. My old camper wasn't set up that way, so there is a little bit of a learning curve. I appreciate the help.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:07 PM   #5
T1D Adventurer

Another question, Can you shed some light on what the aluminum Z or S style brackets are called that are underneath the trailer between the body and the frame? I have a broken one and can't seem to find what it is called.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:47 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1D Adventurer View Post
Another question, Can you shed some light on what the aluminum Z or S style brackets are called that are underneath the trailer between the body and the frame? I have a broken one and can't seem to find what it is called.
I think you might be asking about the "FRAME OUTRIGGERS" that span the space from the frame rails to the outer edge of the sidewalls ???

If so, they can be found in the Lippert Chassis Parts Catalog. They're on page 2 of the parts found at this link: https://www.lippert.com/catalogsearc...20parts&page=2

The outriggers are manufactured in multiple sizes, so you'll need to measure yours to find the correct replacement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:05 PM   #7
T1D Adventurer

Thanks! I will check it out.