Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2016, 06:18 AM   #1
bull

Front filon falling apart

2009 Sprinter 264 bhs I know its off warranty but you would think the front with 2 coats of wax year wouldn't be falling apart after 7 yrs.

I called my dealer that we purchased it new from and they weren't interested in helping. They said from past dealing with Keystone they found the customers had better luck getting stuff covered than they did.

Its not our first rv and never had any problems with filon before with 2 wax jobs a year. I know they had bad glue and decals around 2008 but I was assured my trailer wasn't part of that. I sent Keystone tons of pics roof, sides etc and front like they requested. It took them weeks with many friendly reminders to please reply. This is what I got

My service team has reviewed the photos you supplied thoroughly. At this time we are unable to determine if the delamination you are experiencing is from water intrusion, or it could be a natural material break down. The photos you provided do not provide a clear answer as to what has happened here. Typically with water intrusion you will see water trails leading to the pocket, or bulge. There is no visible water trail that we can see in the photos provided. It is possible the delamination is from material break down over time. If there is a concern that the unit may have experienced water intrusion it would be best to have the unit inspected by an authorized facility.

The delamination you are experiencing is not the result of a manufacturing defect.

Thank you,

Amy Baumgardner

They won't even over reply to me anymore when I asked if its not water but possibly break down of material over 7 yr how is that not a manufacturing defect.

I have had one quote so far for repair its going to be $1800 plus cost of decals depending what they find behind the filon. Not a lot of places interested in taking on the job.

I just emailed my dealer yesterday and let them know the out come with Keystone and maybe they would want to see some pics since their name was all over my falling apart rv. Apparently they sell lots of Keystone product and "normally Keystone responds to things like this pretty well so please send me some pics ". Wait and see I guess I don't expect much from the dealer.
Thanks for allowing me to vent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6973 [2075020].JPG
Views:	213
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	10812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6974.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	10813   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6976.JPG