Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
Viet_Vet

Tpms under $100 - recommendations

Greetings all,
I've been searching through the forums for information on TPMS. I see posts discussing or recommending certain systems, but very few of the posts have info on $$$.

I'm on a fixed income and tight budget, so I am trying to find the best system possible for the least amount of money. I hate to sacrifice quality for price, but that is the reality for some of us today.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has purchased and/or used a sub $100 system.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Viet_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
Greetings all,
I've been searching through the forums for information on TPMS. I see posts discussing or recommending certain systems, but very few of the posts have info on $$$.

I'm on a fixed income and tight budget, so I am trying to find the best system possible for the least amount of money. I hate to sacrifice quality for price, but that is the reality for some of us today.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has purchased and/or used a sub $100 system.

The one I asked my family to buy me as a Christmas gift is about $250. I asked for the system with a repeater/booster but the same system without the repeater/booster is about $100 less. Look for that thread which is still active. A lot has to do with the length of your camper I think as the more the longer the camper, the more you will need to spend. Put your camper year, make and model in a signature (and same for your tow vehicle) as it will help give context to questions you ask.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Viet Vet; posted a moment ago but didn't go. Send me a PM, I can help.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
Viet_Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The one I asked my family to buy me as a Christmas gift is about $250. I asked for the system with a repeater/booster but the same system without the repeater/booster is about $100 less. Look for that thread which is still active. A lot has to do with the length of your camper I think as the more the longer the camper, the more you will need to spend. Put your camper year, make and model in a signature (and same for your tow vehicle) as it will help give context to questions you ask.
I thought I did have my rig in my signature. I'll try to fix it now.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:15 AM   #5
notanlines

Wallace, give this article a quick read. The second best favorite listed is only $70. Might be worth a try. https://www.rvtalk.net/best-rv-tire-...ystem-reviews/

As an edit: George made a 'turkey' out of me with a good 'dressing' down concerning the range of this unit. Better give 'thanks' to George and I'll eat humble 'pie.'
(I'm done, I'm done!)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:37 AM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Greetings all,

They can be expensive unfortunately. I would also factor in how much or if replacement sensors are available for whatever system you choose in case a sensor has issues in the future. It wouldn’t be fun having to by a whole new system if it only comes as a package
Old 11-26-2020, 05:34 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Wallace, give this article a quick read. The second best favorite listed is only $70. Might be worth a try. https://www.rvtalk.net/best-rv-tire-...ystem-reviews/

As a professional cheapskate and poor person, I already saw the that survey. The second TPMS by CACAGOO looks like the winner but if you read the Amazon description it says for use on a compact car only. Not sure why RVtalk put it on the list. Suspect the range of the sensors is not adequate for camper use.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #8
Viet_Vet

Thank you everyone for the feedback. This forum has some of the best and most knowledgeable people on any forum I've ever been on. Most forums are filled with people flaming others. I've seen kindness here that I never expected.

I'm glad I can still be a part of this after I sold my Keystone!

And my signature still isn't showing up!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Well from the UserCP to EDIT SIGNATURE -> compose your signature then be sure to save it as the save button is at the bottom of the page. If you tried adding an image file, make sure it doesn't exceed whatever size limit is allowable. If that doesn't work, post a note to the site admin and ask for suggestions/help. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the feedback. This forum has some of the best and most knowledgeable people on any forum I've ever been on. Most forums are filled with people flaming others. I've seen kindness here that I never expected.

I'm glad I can still be a part of this after I sold my Keystone!

And my signature still isn't showing up!
Are you using your phone or Tapatalk to post? I've heard some reports of the signature not showing while posting with a phone.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:25 AM   #11
Viet_Vet

Posting from my phone.
If you can't fly with the eagles, go peck s**t with the chickens!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #12
Dhuhn

I would by a good TPMS not just the cheapest. And one that is reliable and a proven track record. The price you pay for a good one will more than pay for it if you have a blowout or catch a problem before it happens. Just my 2cents

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #13
Ken / Claudia

Now that winter is here, doubt your RVing much. Save up a couple months and keep researching. I waited to purchase mine until they were on sale at CW and also used a coupon. Checking my receipt from 2016, I may have saved about 100 bucks.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #14
david.johnson.758737

Tpms under $100 - recommendations

I bought this cheapie a few months ago and I’ve used it on several trips with the camper now and it seems to work great. I verified the accuracy of the readings with a good quality digital tire gauge and it checks out. I like that I can easily move it to another tow vehicle and it doesn’t require a power cable- it’s self powered with the solar cell on top.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 4 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi)
by TYMATE-US
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB...ing=UTF8&psc=1
david.johnson.758737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #15
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Posting from my phone.

Your signature showed up fine in this post.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #16
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.johnson.758737 View Post
I bought this cheapie a few months ago and I’ve used it on several trips with the camper now and it seems to work great. I verified the accuracy of the readings with a good quality digital tire gauge and it checks out. I like that I can easily move it to another tow vehicle and it doesn’t require a power cable- it’s self powered with the solar cell on top.

Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System-Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Backlight & Sleep & Awake Mode, Tire Position Exchange, with 4 External Tmps Sensor (0-87 psi)
by TYMATE-US
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I really wanted the Tirewinder I10 but they are "back ordered" and not available from Amazon OR etrailer. I called etrailer and they said they MIGHT have them by the end of December. I ended up buying this one:

https://www.amazon.com/GUTA-Tire-Pre...omotive&sr=1-4

Reviews were pretty solid. I just couldn't afford to go top of the line and the fine looking TireMinder solar TPMS doesn't go to 80 PSI. Lots of things seem to be out of stock and back ordered. Probably the plague?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #17
ggoss

Quote:
Greetings all,

Check out Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tpms+tire...f=sr_nr_p_72_1
Thank you for your service!
Happy holidays to you and your family!
ggoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #18
Mr Mojo

I bought this one a year ago for $250. I bit pricey and I'm retired, so I saved for it and waited for a sale. I did quite a bit of research and this one seemed to be the best of the bunch.

https://www.technorv.com/tst-cap-sys...to-12-sensors/
Mr Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #19
sonofcy

Quote:
Greetings all,

The TST set I am looking at is averaging about $80 per tire for all 10 but that is Canadian $. If you are in the USA then it is prebaby closer to $70.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #20
merchjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Now that winter is here, doubt your RVing much. Save up a couple months and keep researching. I waited to purchase mine until they were on sale at CW and also used a coupon. Checking my receipt from 2016, I may have saved about 100 bucks.
Totally agree

Last summer my electric brake on my TT broke and was dragging. If it was not for my EEZTire-TPMS with pressure and temp I would not of know until serious damage occurred. I saw my tire temp go up higher on 1 wheel compared to the other 3. I pulled the rig over and saw the drum was discolored, and was able to back off the brakes on that wheel. When we pulled it apart the shoes were bad and drum was heat scored but I did not damage the axle or bearings so I saved myself from having to replace the whole axle. If I did not have the EEZTire-TPMS and by the time the brake would of started smoking I could of built up enough heat to damage my axle.

Save your money and get a good TPMS.
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote