Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #21
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Can't answer the alerts question for InCommand. My TPMS has alerts that user settable. I still scan it to make sure that it's still working. I have mine (very small receiver) by my instrument panel.

I may be different than the average user. When my father taught me how to drive he stressed scanning the gauges. It was a natural transition when I began boating and flying to continue the practice of scanning all instruments/gauges.
Yes, as a fellow pilot with an instrument rating, scanning is second nature!
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #22
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchhand View Post
I can’t hardly get my phone to stay connected long enough to roll my awnings in. I can’t imagine it would be much better using it as a TPSM in the truck.
Like some others who have responded, I can often use the BT connection from inside my house, a distance of about 60' and one exterior wall, which is pretty good for BT. (Inside the truck, while on the road, a Faraday cage is involved, and I understand that.)

I second the suggestion that your BT antenna may be defective or badly installed. If you're in warranty, have it checked out. Even if not, try calling ASA customer service, they're quite efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post
Best I can tell it does not really add any value to the In-Command BCM or DC, it only shares the data between the two apps on the phone so that you can either launch the TPMS app or the In-Command app and be able to see TPMS data on either one. Well actually, it puts an icon on the main IN-Command app that launches the TPMS app when you click it and the TPMS app has an icon to get you back to the main app. So really it is just a couple of convenient shortcuts.
OK, then, I suspect it falls afoul of my "console stereo" test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behrmr View Post
The app's a pain with the passwords but entering it twice is "normal". I believe the first password is to unlock the app and the second is to unlock the In-Command.
When inCommand first came out, it had an interface problem. You'd launch it on your smartphone, put in the keycode, and issue some commands. Then you'd leave the app and do something else. Later on, you'd launch it again, but it was already running, so it would just go back into the settings screen... but nothing would happen because the connection had timed out at the trailer, it wasn't listening anymore, and the app was sending commands into a black hole. To get it working again, you would have to know to manually close/quit the app and relaunch it. I wrote them about this, and got this reply:

Quote:
It is natural for you to have to close the app and re launch it if you do walk away from the app for a while. This is something we would like to and are currently improving with our overseas software developers, however, we do encourage always closing the app when it is not in use. We acknowledge that the app can never act as an IR television remote - always ready to talk to the television.
Since then, it looks like they have addressed this problem inelegantly by force-initiating a new connection request every time you re-enter the running app... at the cost of having to re-input the keycode every time, sometimes twice in fast succession. So yes, the repetitive keycode is a pain, but an improvement over issuing commands and wondering why nothing is happening.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #23
Brantel

So I have some follow up info on the In-Command TPMS system.

1. As someone reported earlier, this system does not transmit 20 minutes after the install unless the vehicle is moving 20mph or the tire pressure changes more than 5psi. To do a pre launch check will require removing the sensor or at least loosening it enough to wake it up.

2. It takes 10-15 minutes for the app to report that it has lost signal from the transmitters in the event that it does.

As long as this functionality is understood, it seems to work fine. I will report my experience with it over time.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:25 PM   #24
bobbrazie

Whats a temperature that you should start worrying about with tires?
bobbrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrazie View Post
Whats a temperature that you should start worrying about with tires?
You likely have to determine that after a few miles, too many variables to give an exact temperature. Ambient temperature, inflation, weight & speed all will affect the tire temps. It's not so much as "what's too high" as are they all about the same, if one is several degrees more it could be worth a stop to inspect why. Typically the set on the sunshine side will run a few degrees more than the shade side & the ones on whichever side may be heavier will run a bit hotter.
The pressure will also fluctuate several degrees up/down depending on ambient temperature.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #26
glendar10

Need to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post
The app running on the phone is not much different than your stand alone screen. It stays open and provides the same info without any fiddling. My phone sits in a dock similar to a stand alone screen mounted on a suction cup or similar. The app will also send alerts when pressures and or temps are outside of a configurable range.

The TPMS is not through the In-Command system, it works along with it. The tire sensors talk to the phone via a supplied stand alone repeater similar to other TPMS systems.

So far my In-Command system has been flawless and just works. May change tomorrow but so far so good. Seems many of the growing pains have been resolved with this system.
I like them but they do not work unless you are driving. As ASA they wil tell you that, I did just like you but wish they would read when parked in my driveway before I leave gor a trip. They dont
glendar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #27
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendar10 View Post
I like them but they do not work unless you are driving. As ASA they wil tell you that, I did just like you but wish they would read when parked in my driveway before I leave gor a trip. They dont
Check out post 23. I completely agree with you.

Maybe if enough of us complain, ASA will upgrade the firmware (if that is even possible) to have em ping when parked.

another brand only pings every 15 minutes when parked. I would be happy with that.