Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #1
Yamahafx4

HiSpec

Hello everyone; I’m picking up my new 2020 376RD Monday, the unit has HiSpec tires (G-Rated) which is 14 ply. That’s great for the load range I’m just worried about the brand.

I put 14ply Samson’s on my unit now 1year ago and have been very satisfied. Wish I could take them off and put On new unit.

Anyone had a problem out of these HiSpec tires?

Thanks
Yamahafx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Hi Spec tires or wheels? I'm aware of hi spec wheels but not tires?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
Yamahafx4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Hi Spec tires or wheels? I'm aware of hi spec wheels but not tires?
Yep, Tires!!! I’m like you; heard of Wheels but not Tires.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Here is a link to a discussion of these tires in a previous thread. Looks like they are made by "someone" and rebranded. Before I summarily removed and replaced them, which I personally would, you might call Hi Spec and see if they can shed any light. Probably Trailer King rejects....just joking, but look into it.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=42278
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
CWtheMan

I suspect HiSpec Wheel & Tire, a Keystone OEM provider, has requested from a ST tire manufacturer a tire name (HiSpec Oracle) that will match the name of their wheels. They are currently an OEM for Provider, Grand Ride & Goodride ST trailer tires.

It is mandated by NHTSA that trailer manufacturers provide contact information for the wheels & tires they use on production models to be provided in the vehicle owner’s manual.

Keystone has followed that regulation and the information can be found on page #21 in the reference below.

https://www.keystonerv.com/media/914...anual-2019.pdf
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahafx4 View Post
Hello everyone; I’m picking up my new 2020 376RD Monday, the unit has HiSpec tires (G-Rated) which is 14 ply. That’s great for the load range I’m just worried about the brand.

I put 14ply Samson’s on my unit now 1year ago and have been very satisfied. Wish I could take them off and put On new unit.

Anyone had a problem out of these HiSpec tires?

Thanks
If you end up looking to buy a different brand - Discount recently price matched Tirebuyer.com's price on a set of Carlisles for me. I signed up for Tirebuyers emails and discount codes, got an email with a discount code, then put 4 in the cart. I pulled up on the reins for a day or so and I then got an email with an additional 7% off... I took that email to my favorite DT and they matched it on the spot. $65 each (14" tires mind you).
Old 10-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
Yamahafx4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
If you end up looking to buy a different brand - Discount recently price matched Tirebuyer.com's price on a set of Carlisles for me. I signed up for Tirebuyers emails and discount codes, got an email with a discount code, then put 4 in the cart. I pulled up on the reins for a day or so and I then got an email with an additional 7% off... I took that email to my favorite DT and they matched it on the spot. $65 each (14" tires mind you).
That’s great to know thank you
Old 10-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahafx4 View Post
That’s great to know thank you

For price matching, Discount Tire has an online direct website:
discounttiredirect.com

The prices on the online site are often significantly less than the store price and you can get your local Discount Tire to price match the prices on their own online site. Another fella just brought up an interesting options: Hercules Tire; they have a 15" LRF tire and you can go to their website to find a store selling them. Walmart doesn't list the LRF tire but there is a local seller near me that does. If you go with Discount Tire, they sell Carlisle and Goodyear Endurance, two of the more popular brands as noted by folks on this site. I might hesitate changing out the new tires on your rig for a year at least as I am pretty sure they are spec'd appropriately and have never heard of a China Bomb story with that tire line; I am sure that HiSpec has someone else making them and to be sure, I would call them; they are in the US and find out who actually makes those tires.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:41 AM   #9
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
For price matching, Discount Tire has an online direct website:
discounttiredirect.com

The prices on the online site are often significantly less than the store price and you can get your local Discount Tire to price match the prices on their own online site. Another fella just brought up an interesting options: Hercules Tire; they have a 15" LRF tire and you can go to their website to find a store selling them. Walmart doesn't list the LRF tire but there is a local seller near me that does. If you go with Discount Tire, they sell Carlisle and Goodyear Endurance, two of the more popular brands as noted by folks on this site. I might hesitate changing out the new tires on your rig for a year at least as I am pretty sure they are spec'd appropriately and have never heard of a China Bomb story with that tire line; I am sure that HiSpec has someone else making them and to be sure, I would call them; they are in the US and find out who actually makes those tires.
I price matched Discount against their own price on DTD a year or so ago when I got a new set of LT’s for the the truck and a new set of all seasons for the DW’s. Because of two vehicles being done at once, he threw in the road hazard on hers at no cost (which is the better bet since she more likely to run over something). On the Carlisles, their own price at DTD was still higher ($87) than even Walmart’s price. I’m guessing there’s better online discount prices for passenger vehicles than trailers. But that’s just a guess.