Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
John R

Main slide slow to open using.

I have a 2011 Couger xlite 26sab When opening the main slide it's slow or stops. When using the remote no problem. I've seen a comment in the forum about this problem but,don't remember how to fix this . I am getting ready for a long road trip would like it fixed.
John R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #2
Randy60

Did you ever fix the issue ? I have an 2012 xlite 26sab - Having the exact same issue on mine as well.

I've tried swapping the main slide switch with the closet slide out switch however same problem so don't believe I have a faulty slide switch.

Doesn't matter if I'm on Battery or street power.

Thanks for your time - Randy
Randy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy60 View Post
Did you ever fix the issue ? I have an 2012 xlite 26sab - Having the exact same issue on mine as well.

I've tried swapping the main slide switch with the closet slide out switch however same problem so don't believe I have a faulty slide switch.

Doesn't matter if I'm on Battery or street power.

Thanks for your time - Randy
If you didn't notice that post is over 4 years old so likely won't get an answer back from the original post.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with help.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
Randy60

Yes I did see that, was just hoping maybe someone would see it again - Thanks for your help
Randy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

The OP last logged on in Jan of this year. IF they have email notifications activated then sending them a PM may notify them with an email.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:29 AM   #6
Jaygee51

I have a 2017 Cougar 25 ft. travel trailer with a slide out that was moving very slow and struggling to open & close. I think I found the problem...several small items (screw & tire valve cap) had wedged under the floor of the slide out. I could see how they were tearing the bottom of the slide out upon inspection. It seems to be working fine now that I removed them.

I also made myself an access hatch under the plastic covering (sub floor ) so I can use a portable power drill with a socket (5/8 ") just in case I ever have to retract the slide out manually. I simply cut the plastic under the trailer with a razor knife, making abut an 18 X 18 inch opening. Then closed and resealed it with Gorilla tape.
Jaygee51 is offline   Reply With Quote