Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #21
Todd727

I don't see where you state that after you finished on PayPal, you were returned to the CW site to complete the order. If you closed the windows at the PayPal step, you never actually placed the order. You should've got an order number on the CW website, which you would've written down or printed.

I use PayPal extensively with the no interest for 6 months deal, same as you, their money for free.

So, where you returned to CW website and did you get an order number?
Old 12-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Hope this isn't a hijack but neither eBay NOR PayPal any longer have customer service numbers. If you find what they call customer service numbers, it is an automated number eventually pointing you to company FAQs. I bought a Zero G RV water hose from a company with the eBay ID camperid (they are carid elsewhere) and they cancelled my order and told me the hose was out of stock. OK. They immediately put the hose back on sale in eBay and then told me they were immediately refunding my purchase price (a little of $40). They never did. I filed a dispute through PayPal and they claim it will take up to a month to "investigate" and have the refund. If this had happened with reputable companies, there would have been no problem. Oh yeah, camperid told me they were very sorry and offered me a $5 discount on my next purchase. Errrrrrrr
After a similar situation, I NEVER use a PayPal cash account to buy anything with PayPal. I always use my credit card to pay through PayPal. I made a purchase about 6 months ago through PayPal and used my credit card. Thank God I did. It turned out to be a scam that was using PayPal because of their dispute policy. Takes months to get your money back, if ever. I just filed a dispute to the charge with the credit card and the credit card gave me a credit immediately. PayPal sent me an email stating they could not move forward with their investigation because I had filed a dispute with the credit card company. What a joke!! I already had my refund so what did I care. That’s the only way I buy using PayPal. I have immediate options using a credit card.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
mmiille

Camping World has great deals and products and the worst service in the world. I will never use them ever. I have experienced their terrible service and every time I complained they went back to the goons who messed everything up in the first place. So nothing ever was fixed, because the incompetent people who couldn't do the work right from the start, couldn't fix anything. Worthless.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #24
HDroadglide

I like and use the TST - TPMS better than the TM system.
HDroadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #25
Ddaddyo

I don't go to CW, Marcus said he didn't need my business. I've only had Good Experiences with PayPal. I purchased a Laptop that didn't contain the CD/DVD Recorder as stated. I complained to the Merchant and got blown off. Filed with PayPal and the Merchant contacted me within hours. PayPal had removed the entire amount I paid from his Bank Account. He was quick to remedy the problem.
My wife ordered a Vacuum Cleaner and the Website disappeared 3 days later. PayPal Refunded all the money in 6 Days.
Ddaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:41 PM   #26
KeystoneKal

About ten years ago I created a PayPal account to buy stuff on eBay. Every so often I would get emails claiming to be from PayPal. All scams phishing for information.
No more PayPal for me.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:54 PM   #27
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post
About ten years ago I created a PayPal account to buy stuff on eBay. Every so often I would get emails claiming to be from PayPal. All scams phishing for information.
No more PayPal for me.
Well, let's be fair. I have NEVER had an AmEx card. but I continually get phish emails claming to be from AmEx. I can't blame that behavior on AmEx.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #28
atkinsb3

CW had advertised a sale on RV covers right after we bought our camper. Went to buy one in the store only to find it was an on-line only sale with high shipping costs. Couldn't get the discount on the same one that was on the shelf in the store. I think that was about strike 30, I'm a slow learner.

It's been over 2 years since I've been in a CW... don't plan on going back.

I do like my Paypal though.

Bill and Kathy
2018 Passport 2670BH "Bubbles"
2017 Titan Crew Cab "Thirsty Lady"
atkinsb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #29
atkinsb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiille View Post
Camping World has great deals and products and the worst service in the world. I will never use them ever. I have experienced their terrible service and every time I complained they went back to the goons who messed everything up in the first place. So nothing ever was fixed, because the incompetent people who couldn't do the work right from the start, couldn't fix anything. Worthless.
I've had the same experiences you've had with CW and other RV service centers as well. So my heater quit working and is out of warranty. There's no outside access to the heater (why oh why would it be designed that way) so I have to pull the heater out from the inside of the camper. I have to cut the copper gas line to get the heater out so am going to add a cutoff switch so if I have to pull the heater out again in the future it will be smidge easier. I mention all that to say... someone told me they thought it was kind of dangerous to mess with the propane connection. I told them the techs who have worked on my trailer have dorked up more things than they've fixed. I'm not going to let them blow me up!?!?

Bill and Kathy
2018 Passport 2670BH "Bubbles"
2017 Titan Crew Cab "Thirsty Lady"
atkinsb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:42 PM   #30
wiredgeorge

FYI, I have a PayPal business account and note they have now dropped their customer support number. When you dial the number, you get automated FAQ messages and no way to talk to a customer support rep anymore; same with eBay. I am looking to change credit card processing from PayPal to a more customer oriented business. I had a company where I sent email invoices and they actually paid the company which in turn funded me but they got stupid expensive for a small business like mine.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:41 AM   #31
Frosty46

Worse Paypal or Camping World?

I too have had horrible experiences with both Paypal and Camping World. Camping World here in St. Louis Missouri is a Crime Family Operation at best and Paypal has become a total scam operation recently. Cheated by both and never ever will I revisit either one!
As to tire monitors, don't do it! RV tires must be looked at during each stop, period! No if's nor nads here.
Frosty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:18 AM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty46 View Post
I too have had horrible experiences with both Paypal and Camping World. Camping World here in St. Louis Missouri is a Crime Family Operation at best and Paypal has become a total scam operation recently. Cheated by both and never ever will I revisit either one!
As to tire monitors, don't do it! RV tires must be looked at during each stop, period! No if's nor nads here.

IMO the highlighted above is bad advice. "Looking" at your tires at every stop, even every 100 miles, has nothing to do with what can happen on the road at 65mph....and NO warning. "Looking" at your tires is by no means a definitive measure of prevention while traveling.

Edit: I might add that my last blowout occured 52 miles after I left my home....after a thorough "looking" inspection, brake/bearing inspection etc. "Looking" did nothing to prevent a 7k blowout; a TPMS may have well prevented the severity of the damage.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #33
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
IMO the highlighted above is bad advice. "Looking" at your tires at every stop, even every 100 miles, has nothing to do with what can happen on the road at 65mph....and NO warning. "Looking" at your tires is by no means a definitive measure of prevention while traveling.

Edit: I might add that my last blowout occured 52 miles after I left my home....after a thorough "looking" inspection, brake/bearing inspection etc. "Looking" did nothing to prevent a 7k blowout; a TPMS may have well prevented the severity of the damage.
I agree! That was VERY bad advice!
I inspect everything at every stop with a thorough walk around & an annual bearing pack & brake/suspension inspection, but if you buy no other safety devices get a TPMS that shows pressures & temps ASAP!
You'll be glad you did!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #34
jimborokz

I have not purchased much from CW but when I have it has been w/o incident. Even did a couple returns with no problems.
As for PayPal. I've used them for maybe 20 years going back to the days when they paid you interest on money you had on deposit with them. Now I don't have cash on deposit but do instant pay with credit card and have never had any problem with them. I'm also treasurer for a local non-profit and we receive dues payments and donations through PayPal and have never had any problems. They even give you much help to set up a payment button on your web site.
Didn't mean to rain on the complaint parade.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #35
Vagabond Betty

Agree with Jim and Deb. Just lucky I guess.
Vagabond Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #36
notanlines

"As to tire monitors, don't do it! RV tires must be looked at during each stop, period! No if's nor nads here."
Above is possibly the worst advice given here in a long time. What is going to be gained by wandering around your truck and RV and gawking at your tires?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #37
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
"As to tire monitors, don't do it! RV tires must be looked at during each stop, period! No if's nor nads here."
Above is possibly the worst advice given here in a long time. What is going to be gained by wandering around your truck and RV and gawking at your tires?
I wipe mine down with brake fluid and like to gawk at the shiny tires every chance I get! OK, seriously, what if a tire came off the rim? How else would one know other than a good gawk now and again?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #38
flybouy
Site Team

Uh I just have to state the obvious here. I have a TPMS AND I look at the tires when I stop. I wasn't aware that you couldn't do both, must have missed that in the TPMS directions. I also check the oil; level with the dipstick even though the truck has an oil warning light!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:18 AM   #39
Roscommon48

that's why i charge on my credit card....you can't easily dispute a charge.

sorry you had the hassles but happy new year to you.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:45 AM   #40
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I wipe mine down with brake fluid and like to gawk at the shiny tires every chance I get! OK, seriously, what if a tire came off the rim? How else would one know other than a good gawk now and again?
A quote from USTMA:

"Never use petroleum-based products as tire dressings/cleaners."

"Treating tires with incompatible dressings or harsh cleaning agents will hasten oxidation and result in premature cracking."
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote