Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2021, 09:20 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Covid/Travel/Vaccinations

It's funny that John brought vaccinations up in another post. And wanted to share;

We're in FL from TX. Actually stuck in FL due to family problems. We are scheduled to leave in April but the vaccines are coming out now and we really wanted to avail ourselves of that. Read the articles about state guidelines for FL and they always said "residents". TX guidelines said "residents". Figured we were going to have to buy plane tickets back and forth to TX to get the shots. Talked to our Dr. nurse today and she didn't know for sure....so;

decided to call the county health office here in FL as a long shot. Finally reached them and found the nicest lady. She said there was no "resident" restriction. I told her our age and she said she would put us on the list right now. I asked would it be weeks, months or what. She said a nurse would call us within the next week to schedule!!

I know many are traveling, or want to travel, at this time of year. If, like us, getting the vaccination is important. I was relieved, shocked even, that I was welcomed like a resident. Made our day and sure was a stress reliever. Just wanted to share that with anyone that might have those concerns.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote