Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2022, 02:04 AM   #1
jasin1

Loves Truck stop rv sites

….may have been mentioned before….overnight sites at loves with 30/50 amp electric and a dump station…not a whole lot of locations but may be better then an overnight at walmart if you want some security and also be able to run the ac…can fill up with fuel and propane and even hit the scales on the way out https://www.camplife.com/campground/Loves+RV+Stops
Old 10-04-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
Bob R

Quote:
can fill up with fuel and propane and even hit the scales on the way out
And buy some drinks, snacks, DEF and anything else. Pretty good move on their part if they can get people to use them.

bob
Old 10-04-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
Canonman

I did some contract work for Flying J years ago, back when it was still owned by Jay Call. They were big on all the WiFi and internet conveniences plus showers restaurants and rest areas for the truckers needing to lay-over. Made a huge impact on their business. Only makes sense their looking at the RV traveler as the newest target for increasing their revenue.
Personally, I think they're pirates with their fuel prices
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL9986-HDR.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	41903  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:49 AM   #4
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
I did some contract work for Flying J years ago, back when it was still owned by Jay Call. They were big on all the WiFi and internet conveniences plus showers restaurants and rest areas for the truckers needing to lay-over. Made a huge impact on their business. Only makes sense their looking at the RV traveler as the newest target for increasing their revenue.
I assume you've heard of the TSD Logistics Card and how much you can save using it? Right now at least in the area where we are at it is $.030 a gallon cheaper then at regular stations using the card.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:33 AM   #5
Canonman

Thanks Rick,
Around here Flying J and Pilot are at least .30 higher than most local stations for diesel. Currently $4.74 local and $5.15 FJ and Pilot. But their regular unleaded gas is usually lower than the surrounding stations. Go figure...
At least as far as I can see, the fuel cards at least get the diesel price closer to the other stations plus allows us to use the truck lanes at the truck stops.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:13 AM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Thanks Rick,
Around here Flying J and Pilot are at least .30 higher than most local stations for diesel. Currently $4.74 local and $5.15 FJ and Pilot. But their regular unleaded gas is usually lower than the surrounding stations. Go figure...
At least as far as I can see, the fuel cards at least get the diesel price closer to the other stations plus allows us to use the truck lanes at the truck stops.
i guess they figure that if you can’t fit into a regular gas station for diesel then you have no choice paying the higher diesel price while passing thru with an rv …
truck drivers probably all have some sort of discount program …

But they lower the price of gas because the only way to attract gas customers is they need to be lower then the surrounding stations in hopes to attract people who spend a few more dollars on snacks and things in the store.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:34 PM   #7
fjr vfr

Now if they just offer an app for my phone.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #8
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post
Now if they just offer an app for my phone.
may be coming one day because the Loves rv sites have a touchscreen kiosk outside that unlocks the electric for the site and checks you in…don’t even have to go inside
Old 10-06-2022, 05:53 AM   #9
dutchmensport

When traveling the interstates, which we've had to do some this year, I am appalled at the prices of diesel at Love's and Flying J's flashing on their marque signs.

Travel away from the interstates, only a couple miles, and the price of fuel (and diesel) is often significantly less than Love's and Flying J's, even with their discount prices flashing on those marques.

Now, if you have one of their customer cards, you'll get a reduced price even lower than that. Love's, Flying J's? I never figured out why folks pay their price for fuel.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #10
notanlines

Dutch, I'm probably telling you something you already know, but those prices are jacked $.70 higher so they can give their 'contract/regular' their agreed upon price. VERY few truckers are paying the posted prices. Love's and Flying J have always done exactly that.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #11
pdaniel

Quote:
The Call family no longer has an interest in Flying J-and it is beginning to show.
Maverik Country Stores has been owned by one of the Call family members and the Flying J clan invested heavily in Maverik-RV and truck lanes, fuel at a competitive price.
The downside is there is limited RV and truck parking so the parking area gets congested.
Maybe in time Maverik will put in some RV hook ups.
On I-15 in Utah a Loves opened on the opposite side of the highway from Maverik in Filmore, UT and it appears some RV traffic is heading to Loves for the convenience.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:18 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Everyone has their preferences but it would have to be an extraordinary circumstance before I stayed overnight in a truck stop. I say "before I" because my DW would absolutely be staying in a nearby hotel.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote