Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #41
Gunny Mike

We had problems with our Outback 341RD and I would bring it back to the dealer as quickly as possible for a warranty repair. Bring it back again around the 11 month time period if you have a 12 month warranty like we had on ours. We wanted better quality then our first TT which was a Fleetwood Prowler. That one was a leaker where the windows leaked constantly. Found out later that the wood screws were not even holding and were over tightened at the factory.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #42
outback quality
Gone Traveling

outback quality

@cascadia........no I did not buy this junker at Coos Bay...im in central Canada.
a lot of comments about older campers,even 2 years older ones,you really have to look at the new ones today.....just the last couple years have become such cheap material.
Today i was on a road trip 7 hours ,and pulled in at a big RV dealer and took a look around ,there were several Outbacks,and yup....same junk quality.
I agree with one comment on people having to stop buying and putting up with the industry crap quality.
Maybe there should be a reality show or camper tv show doing ratings etc.
joining a forum is probably too late for most people as they have probably already bought and then join a forum with the brand they bought.
outback quality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #43
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback quality View Post
@cascadia........no I did not buy this junker at Coos Bay...im in central Canada.
a lot of comments about older campers,even 2 years older ones,you really have to look at the new ones today.....just the last couple years have become such cheap material.
Today i was on a road trip 7 hours ,and pulled in at a big RV dealer and took a look around ,there were several Outbacks,and yup....same junk quality.
I agree with one comment on people having to stop buying and putting up with the industry crap quality.
joining a forum is probably too late for most people as they have probably already bought and then join a forum with the brand they bought.
Many folks joining a forum such as this one have owned many campers of all sorts and would have the where-with-all to catch problems prior to signing. I have had quite a few used campers and believe they were built better in years past. Perhaps better materials and more competent assemblers, I don't know but I would not buy a new camper. First thing I do is look for signs of water intrusion and check the roof. Next I check the date code on the tires to see if it is safe to pull home. I make sure all systems work as they should, of course. Folks buying their initial camper should probably hire an expert to check the rig out before signing as there will be items a new owner just won't catch. Especially at the prices the new campers are going for. Good luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:16 PM   #44
outback quality
Gone Traveling

outback quality

you are talking about used mostly......i am saying the new ones.
and if people have to hire a proffessional to check a new one ,especially very common brand ....then there is a problem with general quality.
i also have had many used and new campers prior to 2013.........these last 10 years are a shocking change.....that even i wasnt prepared for
outback quality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:35 AM   #45
Robert Campbell

I would call the dealership and Keystone to tell them you are bringing this lemon and all its pieces back to them. We have a 2018 328RL and had a few problems but nothing like you are experiencing
Robert Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:38 AM   #46
flybouy
Site Team

When talking about the material I think that's due in a large part to customer demand as well. Buyers demand larger and larger rigs that they can tow with everpopular 1/2 ton truck or mid-sized SUV. The only way to economically achieve this is to use thinner, less durable materials. With a huge surge in first time buyers the focus is on "bling" like undercabinet leds, USB charging ports, and controlling the coach with a phone. The focus is on what sells for the most profit in a very competitive market.

It's like eating dinner, you want cheap go to McDonalds but don't expect an aged steak cooking on the grill when you get there.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #47
chuckster57
Site Team

Have you done any follow up contact?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 03:05 PM   #48
Cascadia

Angry awful service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback quality View Post
We are no longer living full time in our Outback. We moved from the coast recently and bought a place on the McKenzie River in the Cascades. The Outback is at the dealership where we bought it to have the soft spot in the flooring fixed and the stove repaired. The oven doesn't regulate heat, at all, and the click start quit working. The dealership called and told us the soft floor is on top of the grey water tank and that it can't be fixed because the tank was run lengthwise with the island instead of cross ways. She said they can't fix it. I stated that it sounds like a Keystone structural issue then. She didn't like me asking questions and said that she couldn't say. I pressed her on it to contact Keystone to see about a fix. That frickin trailer is 3 years old!! She said she would file a prior auth to see if it can be done. I'm not paying for them to fix their design flaw! We'll fix it and get rid of it and buy a small trailer for camping...but not a Keystone. That beautiful trailer turned into a nightmare from Hell and it was expensive!

Tags
outback