Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2022, 05:50 AM   #1
Cougar Den

In-Command not functioning for HVAC and lights

We have a new Cougar 30BHS and as of a couple of days ago we can't operate the HVAC or lights using the In-Command. The awning will come out, but we haven't tried the slide. We're hooked to shore power since we have a dedicated line for our trailer hooked to our house, so it's not a battery issue. Plus, the fireplace comes on, which it wouldn't if we didn't have shore power.

I'm going to call the dealer today, but thought maybe someone out there has a quicker fix since I'm sure the dealer will want us to bring the trailer in.
Cougar Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:59 AM   #2
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Den View Post
We have a new Cougar 30BHS and as of a couple of days ago we can't operate the HVAC or lights using the In-Command. The awning will come out, but we haven't tried the slide. We're hooked to shore power since we have a dedicated line for our trailer hooked to our house, so it's not a battery issue. Plus, the fireplace comes on, which it wouldn't if we didn't have shore power.

I'm going to call the dealer today, but thought maybe someone out there has a quicker fix since I'm sure the dealer will want us to bring the trailer in.

First thing I'd try is rebooting the in-command. Disconnect from shore power and use the battery disconnect to allow the system to power down completely.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:02 AM   #3
Cougar Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
First thing I'd try is rebooting the in-command. Disconnect from shore power and use the battery disconnect to allow the system to power down completely.
Thanks, I will try this today.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:20 AM   #4
Cougar Den

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Thanks, Essvar! Rebooting the In-Command solved the issue. I'll remember this for future troubleshooting
Old 03-24-2022, 07:23 AM   #5
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Den View Post
Thanks, Essvar! Rebooting the In-Command solved the issue. I'll remember this for future troubleshooting

Great! Glad we could help.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights