Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
RVBuff

Manual override for slide

Can anyone tell me how to find the manual override for the Lippert slide on a 2008 Keystone Hideout? The Owners Manual dosn't say, and the Lippert people can't tell me.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

The online manuals should show exactly how to operate them manually. Lippert's website is very good that way. Are you talking about a cable driven slide or standard rack drive? ..... Cable motors are usually located inside and on the top of the slide behind trim molding with a flexible drive supplied with the trailer. The motor that drives the rack is located under the trailer on the opposite side from the slide. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
RVBuff

I have the manual and it tells how to operate the manual override. It deesn't say where the device is located, and the people at Lippert told me they didn't know. The Keystone manual just refers me to the Lippert manual. I haven't checked behind the overhead trim, but I'll look there. Thanks.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

The people at Lippert can't tell you where the motor is located because they didn't build the trailer. As Hank said, it depends on what style of slide you have.

If you have the two square tubes with gear teeth on the bottom of them, the motor and override will be under the coroplast. Some makers will cut an access hole in the underbelly, some won't. If you look for the side that has a bar with a "bell" on it, that end will have the motor. The motor will be on the opposite side as stated.

If your slide is cable driven, you will see two cables on each end going through the wall when the slide is extended. The motor is in the center, above the slide and you need a special driver attached to a drill.

Of your slide is schwintek, you will have a grooved track at the top and bottom of each end. This slide is driven by two small motors at the top corners of the slide. Over ride for that system requires locating the controller and following the instructions printed on the face.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need more specific information.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote