Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
unyalli

Source for matching cabinets?

Is there a place to get RV cabinets? I want to put a vertical wall cabinet flush in one of my interior walls to house my remotes for my Trimetric, Inverter remote, MNGP solar remote etc... A shallow cabinet the I could set into a cutout in the wall that when closed would look factory. My 2014 Cougar has the raised panel maple doors.

-Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
OldCountryBoy

In a previous rig I owned, I asked the dealer to order from the factory. Gave them the size I needed and they had it within a couple of weeks. Exact same as those already installed.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

If you've seen the cabinet you want in a Keystone RV, your dealer can order it for you if it's a current or last year model. If it's older than that or if you haven't found the correct size, then your dealer probably can't get it from Keystone. Keystone only builds specific sizes and only in the sizes they need. They don't build custom cabinets. Your dealer may know of or have a local source that does build custom cabinets, but that will probably be a very expensive option.

If you're looking for a cabinet older than a couple of years, you may find it at Trekwood. Their web address is: http://www.trekwood.com/ and you can link to any of the Keystone models by using the drop down boxes in the center of the page.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
KMH

I will add to what JRTJH mentioned... Trekwood is great, I have been trying to put an order together with them.

If you're ordering a bunch of things (I am ordering several cabinet doors, a drawer, some tracks, a few crossmembers for underneath etc.), you can have your dealer add the items to the next RV that is being shipped, for $0 shipping added. It may take a month or two, but in my case, saved me $100 in shipping as well.
KMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
unyalli

Well I didn't turn up anything searching so sent them an inquiry. I have hand glazed maple raised panel cabinet doors. I could build the in wall box if I could get just a door somewhere around 10" wide by 24" tall. We will see what they say. Thanks

-Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote