Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
gbsb

water leak

I have a 2010 383 Fuzion Touring Edition 11. Today I drained the black tank and hooked a hose to the flush connection. Turned water on leaving all valves open after a few min water started running out everywhere. None in the basement but coming out of every hole in the bottom. any ideas. How does the flush hose connect to tank. Any help appreciated.
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

George -
On the exterior of your RV there is a fill inlet for the black tank flush - similar to a garden hose fitting. From here there is a line that goes to a vacuum breaker check valve - located above the tank. The water then passes through another line into the tank and to an "aerator" device which sprays water throughout the black tank cleaning it out in the process.

In many cases, there have been issues with the vacuum breaker check valve. Leaks often occur at this point and if you are in the midst of flushing out your tank, the check valve may have cracked or come off and you end up with water pouring out inside your unit. The line and the check valve are not readily visible or accessible. In some units, a portion of the line and check valve are underneath the bathroom sink. In other units, it is behind the entertainment center.

In any case, the check valve/vacuum breaker is almost always inline with the exterior fill inlet - right behind a wall or opening.

My guess is that this vacuum breaker could be the culprit. Some members have simply removed and bypassed it while others have installed a more sturdy brass vacuum breaker.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
gbsb

Thanks that sounds like the problem I will look for the beast tomorrow
Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
abneynormal

hmm

if by the bottom you mean the corplast I would speculate the hose/ fitting that goes into the tank could have come off. the aerators in mine are on the inside and have come out in the floor. I fill the tank with them sometimes to help get all the paper out. yep I forgot to turn them off in time, ive blown the fill hose on my fresh tank too. CRS sucks, lol the flush fitting is plastic and jus screws in the side of the black water tank .
Old 02-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #5
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abneynormal View Post
if by the bottom you mean the corplast I would speculate the hose/ fitting that goes into the tank could have come off. the aerators in mine are on the inside and have come out in the floor. I fill the tank with them sometimes to help get all the paper out. yep I forgot to turn them off in time, ive blown the fill hose on my fresh tank too. CRS sucks, lol the flush fitting is plastic and jus screws in the side of the black water tank .
Had the white plastic flush fitting on the black tank come loose on my camper once. I got under the camper and "listened" for the dripping. When I thought I was close I made a slit in the Coroplast and sure enough there it was, a few turns by hand and it was sealed. The leaking black water was actually dripping out the Coroplast a few feet away from the actual fitting.

Good luck.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
MIKEPATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
Thanks that sounds like the problem I will look for the beast tomorrow
I got a second water pressure regulator to use on the black tank flush. So far no problems. knock on WOOD!
MIKEPATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
gbsb

Thanks for the info. I have some valuable information now all I have to do is put it to use. George
Old 02-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
gbsb

Started taking things apart yesterday. Could not see much from top so started pulling the clorplast from the bottom, pulled bolts out and water came pouring out so I waited for it to dry up then pull some more. Back to it today, I was surprised about the lack of insulation in the bottom. Mine says arctic package but nothing that even looks like insulation.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
abneynormal

ahh

the good ole shiny bubble wrap insulation. that's all mine has on the bottom. im thinking about putting some blue board insulation under mine one of these days. lucky for me im in a building with mine in Alabama. I hope a tank didn't freeze.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #10
gbsb

Had a repair service out to day to look at black tank. After them working on draining and cleaning the tank for a while they found the problem. It seems even though I flush the tank with every drain solids had built up in the front of the tank. Not what caused the problem but was still there. The problem was the tank had separated in the seem where it was put together. No way to repair so he will get hold of extended warranty company for a repair. Hope it is covered, should be.